Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why placing the order on hold until October?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw a lot of ppl talking about placing an order on hold, I was planning to get the car in September (placed order on July 15 and it was saying 8-11 weeks), they changed the estimate to August 16 - Sep 05, and now August 02 - August 22... I really don't need the car right now but I got approved for a loan at 1.49% but the offer expires Sept 30. I don't know if I can place a hold on the order just so I can get it in September, and I would also like to know why ppl are waiting? Are they expecting that the new battery is going to start to be shipped in 2021? There are new improvements coming for Q4? Thanks
1626743574180.png

I saw a lot of ppl talking about placing an order on hold, I was planning to get the car in September (placed order on July 15 and it was saying 8-11 weeks), they changed the estimate to August 16 - Sep 05, and now August 02 - August 22... I really don't need the car right now but I got approved for a loan at 1.49% but the offer expires Sept 30. I don't know if I can place a hold on the order just so I can get it in September, and I would also like to know why ppl are waiting? Are they expecting that the new battery is going to start to be shipped in 2021? There are new improvements coming for Q4? Thanks
View attachment 686099
Nobody wants a vehicle produced during the end of quarter delivery push. That’s when QC and build quality seem to suffer the most.

View attachment 686099
I see you said you got approved for a loan at 1.49%, would you mind sharing where its from? Thanks in advance!

I see you said you got approved for a loan at 1.49%, would you mind sharing where its from? Thanks in advance!
There’s rates lower than that. Search the forums and there’s DCU offering 1.29% for 65 months.

mad for your order - brace yourself for a waiting period that doesn’t reflect your EDD. July order and July profile completion…..expect your delivery to be end of year and Ave yourself the frustration thinking your EDD means anything

There’s rates lower than that. Search the forums and there’s DCU offering 1.29% for 65 months.

mad for your order - brace yourself for a waiting period that doesn’t reflect your EDD. July order and July profile completion…..expect your delivery to be end of year and Ave yourself the frustration thinking your EDD means anything
Appreciate the help! I ordered mine 6/28 with EDD around last few days of August to mid September, but we all know how that goes...

unsure about delivery dates.. I ordered mine in may . put on hold till aug got a vin assigned mid july had to call and put on hold again. My reason is that I didnt want it till sept bur ordered it based on delivery estimates

unsure about delivery dates.. I ordered mine in may . put on hold till aug got a vin assigned mid july had to call and put on hold again. My reason is that I didnt want it till sept bur ordered it based on delivery estimates
If you put it on hold until August after ordering in May, did they cancel your hold without telling you since you were assigned a VIN in July?

Did they push back when you put it on hold again? What price did you order at in May?

If you put it on hold until August after ordering in May, did they cancel your hold without telling you since you were assigned a VIN in July?

Did they push back when you put it on hold again? What price did you order at in May?
yes they cancelled the hold automatically . The dealer didn't have any answer why that happened. They tried to say that they will unassign me and reassign again and again.. eventually now I see its on hold till late aug. Price still locked at the price in May ... 2k less i think