Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why so many Tesla’s in the span of a few years?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having sold a few, I can attest that used Tesla prices are normally far below new prices. These are unusual times.
but is it closer to the new normal? The supply constraint for cars in general will improve, but the gas shock may not, and there is now a few more years of understanding of EV longevity. This 10k in price increases for essentially the same 3/Y also reset the baseline.

Over new will fade, but well below new seems far away, at least until the next big jump in battery life or weight.

Hello, I’m new to the forum and have a reservation for a MYP with EDD of May-July. I have had a Rivian reservation for a few years so still waiting for that but this would be my first EV. I have been reading many posts about Tesla overall and also more specifically the MY. I do have a serious question.

Many on here love their teslas so much and how great they hold up over time, yet so many are on their 3rd Tesla or even more. How or why is this? If the vehicle is sound why keep buying and selling and buying and selling? I have only ever held vehicles for at least 5 years so this was odd to me.
Well my first Tesla was the Roaster I drove for 9+ years. A very fun car but not practical at all. I have driven a Model 3 for over 4 years now and 78,000 miles. I am hoping at least for another 100,000.