Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why summon feature not available of AP2 cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm currently in flight on a JetBlue plane where I paid for and have gotten extra legroom. I'm trying to imagine them telling me that they had hoped to provide the extra legroom, but were busy with other projects, and then had a fight with the company that makes the seats, so they decided to keep my extra fare and roll out the improved seats in the future when they feel comfortable doing so.

If that sounds crazy, why hasn't Tesla refunded our payments for EAP?
This orange I bought required me to peel it; otherwise it tasted horrible. This apple, on the other hand, was great - no peeling required; though there was a core in the middle that I was too full to taste.

I Have a six week old P100d for which I paid top dollar and ticked every box for extras. None of the following are working AP over 50 mph,(and that's only on motorways) Summon, rain sensitive wipers, auto high / low beam headlights and the garage tell me I have to wait for a software download which will come "soon" (they have been saying that for six weeks!)
Is everyone suffering this? I feel as though I dont have what I paid for! All the best toys are missing.
The summon, rain sensitive wipers and other things are coming. That's ok, we can wait. Tesla never said they will be available for AP2 cars when they sold it to us. If you look at the larger picture, you will probably keep this baby for years and waiting for few months to get these extra features is not bad. Remember that this car has the next gen hardware so it is going to be better.

I use Summon while driving across the city.
I stand outside my car on the shoulder of the freeway and walk with it on the freeway!
LOL!
Touche! You are great in a funny way. But you conveyed the message. Hats off to you, sincerely.

So what !!! if SUMMON/Auto Steer/ and whatever else is not working yet, it eventually will.

IMHO Catch all / end all I will not drive an ICE ever if I have a choice, thanks to TESLA.

Last edited:
The summon, rain sensitive wipers and other things are coming. That's ok, we can wait. Tesla never said they will be available for AP2 cars when they sold it to us .....snip....
that's great - you never presumed your features, that YOU paid for - would be available upon payment - congratulations ! .... however - just like the timeshare industry, many many many many people are told different stories when they purchase, & then they're seriously disappointed. You only get what's in your contract's boilerplate - just like a Timeshare contract. hopefully you didn't lease for 3 yrs - only to find that the features won't be available until your 33rd month or so - hypothetically. Glad that works for you. MAYBE - just maybe, as crazy as it sounds - most people - from history - experience usefulness of features paid for when you buy them. Just like buying an orange .... from experience and history - you know you have to peel it (only takes a few seconds) before you get to eat it. Then - once you pay for it - you get to peal & eat it ... not next month .... not next year.

Last edited: