Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why Tesla needs to bring a CHAdeMO adapter to the UK and Ireland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dpeilow

May 23, 2008
Winchester, UK
There's still no official word on whether a CHAdeMO adapter will come to these islands, but if you look at the CHAdeMO roll out that is gathering a pace then IMHO it absolutely should. This many 50kW charging opportunities shouldn't be ignored.

There seems to be a misunderstanding at Tesla that most of the CHAdeMOs in the UK are at Nissan dealers. While they have a lot, you can see that even today there are many more that are in public locations.

UKmap.PNG

These are all locations that are announced (blue) or on the ground now (all others).

In addition to these, I know of :-

- 20 more going into the South West.
- 35 locations with 2 chargers going into the South East.
- 20 more around Yorkshire.
- £2m funding for the North East.
- Many more coming to Scotland (no more than 50 miles apart on major routes).

So after a fairly slow start, now it looks like Japan watch out we're catching up!

An update on this. I have updated the map which will always display the latest version in the first post, above.

You can access the original Google Map directly here: UK and Ireland Rapid Chargers - Google Maps

New CHAdeMOs are going in at a rate of roughly 1 a day now.

I really hope they offer the adaptor here in the UK, Tesla if your listening I will take one on delivery day of my model S, Superchargers will still be needed but its hard to ignore what companies like Ecotricity are doing, I will take 50kw over 22kw anyday of the week