Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Why the End of the Road Might Be Near for Tesla" - Fortune

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GolanB

Supporting Member
Sep 22, 2018
NYC
I find it incredible how poor Tesla's coverage is from the mass media and many of the self-proclaimed experts.

Take this one for example, as seen on Fortunate Magazine and YouTube:

Here are some quotes:

"Unfortunately I think this may actually be the end of Tesla."
"They can't seem to get enough money."
"They can't seem to get their cars out."

-- Lisa Marie Segarra

Who is she exactly?

By her own account, she is a reporter covering tech and the VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY.

Can anyone get airtime these days? Sheesh.

• Informative
Reactions: bdy0627
Yep, just clicking on their CLICK BAIT links gives them ad revenue. The best think we can do is deprive them of the money that fuels their nonsense articles. If you want to throw your opinion their way, I find it best to blow up their social media outlets. They wont make any money from your tweets.

Part of the problem is that we used to read/listen to JOURNALISTS. Part of being a journalist was that you would have to take Journalism classes, and pass. One of the things taught was that you never report what SEEMS you report what is, and you don't report unless you have 2 sources. Period. No matter how big the issue being reported - you don't report without confirmation. Nowadays, they all report rumors and innuendo, and even will pretend that they have a source saying things like "people are saying" without identifying who these supposed people are.

Lisa Marie Segarra would fail high school Intro to Journalism. She should be ashamed of herself. If she has a college degree, it should be rescinded.

UPDATE: Checked LinkedIn; she does have a degree in Journalism from Rutgers, which isn't a bad school.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Part of the problem is that we used to read/listen to JOURNALISTS. Part of being a journalist was that you would have to take Journalism classes, and pass. One of the things taught was that you never report what SEEMS you report what is, and you don't report unless you have 2 sources. Period. No matter how big the issue being reported - you don't report without confirmation. Nowadays, they all report rumors and innuendo, and even will pretend that they have a source saying things like "people are saying" without identifying who these supposed people are.

Lisa Marie Segarra would fail high school Intro to Journalism. She should be ashamed of herself. If she has a college degree, it should be rescinded.

UPDATE: Checked LinkedIn; she does have a degree in Journalism from Rutgers, which isn't a bad school.

I'm not going to read the article, but did she speak to any real portfolio managers, or talk about the balance sheet, income statement or delivery numbers at all? Or was it just gossip/bs?