Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why the obsession with deleting chrome?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad there's a thread with chrome-friendlies! I had added more chrome to my Telsa's rear. It looked like a big red tomato from the back when I got it, and now with the trunk lip trip, the license plate bracket and the extra Model 3 emblem, I am happy with it.

The extra trim also makes the rear look visually wider, and I like the wide body look.

Btw, the trim around the windows is not chrome. So many people make that mistake on the Model 3 and many other cars. It's anodized metal. So they need to start selling anodized-delete kits instead.

2020-01-13 16.14.18.jpg

Glad there's a thread with chrome-friendlies! I had added more chrome to my Telsa's rear. It looked like a big red tomato from the back when I got it, and now with the trunk lip trip, the license plate bracket and the extra Model 3 emblem, I am happy with it.

The extra trim also makes the rear look visually wider, and I like the wide body look.

Btw, the trim around the windows is not chrome. So many people make that mistake on the Model 3 and many other cars. It's anodized metal. So they need to start selling anodized-delete kits instead.

View attachment 505208

I like the trunk trim!

anodizing will look much better and last longer.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ

View attachment 505208
giphy.gif

Oh. And your tag’s out.

Reactions: XLR82XS
Gosh I love the 2121 M3 with the black trim. When I was shopping for a BMW I wanted the sport model not because I'm a sportu person, I wanted the black exterior trim.

Hoping for a company to create this mod with actual removal of the trim and not just some sticky black electrical tape cover (I'm joking but not a fan of temporary solutions).

Reactions: MarsOrBust
My user name is from my car with silvery chrome on a grey car. Love it!

And besides my hair is getting silvery.

I understand the complexities of production will stop Tesla from offering both options but I thing chrome looks the best.

Perhaps you chrome deleters will warm up to chrome highlights when you have worked for 15 years and your hair starts to get silvery. :p

My user name is from my car with silvery chrome on a grey car. Love it!

And besides my hair is getting silvery.

I understand the complexities of production will stop Tesla from offering both options but I thing chrome looks the best.

Perhaps you chrome deleters will warm up to chrome highlights when you have worked for 15 years and your hair starts to get silvery. :p
Huh. I wonder if my salon guy can chrome my hair.