Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why the Yoke is unsafe for the Track

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you want the story of what happened, I posted it on reddit (and it is also in the video description)..

"I was stuck two cars back from a slower Plaid that ignored the "passing flag" to let us go by (for almost two full laps), and thus was driving annoyed. I'm glad I inadvertently sent myself to time-out without hitting something."

• Funny
Reactions: tm1v2 and Arthur31
Lots of people say the yoke has safety benefits. The yoke provides a clear view of the car's instrument cluster, which would be partially blocked by a traditional steering wheel. And it also helps assure that a driver's hands are kept at "9 and 3. This prevents injury to arms when the airbag is deployed.

Reactions: MattMac and ExpatPR
Lots of people say the yoke has safety benefits. The yoke provides a clear view of the car's instrument cluster, which would be partially blocked by a traditional steering wheel. And it also helps assure that a driver's hands are kept at "9 and 3. This prevents injury to arms when the airbag is deployed.
Yes good job parroting top Tesla fanboy Munro.

Seriously who cares? Use whatever you want. (By which I mean use the yoke because you have no choice.) xoxo

My yoke may buzz and flicker and not honk when I push on the airbag -- but by god it's a better driving input device.
Maybe people can just have opinions and that’s okay? Stating it as fact doesn’t make it true. People are bent out of shape trying to convince each other of something that comes down to personal preference. (By which I mean I hope you prefer the yoke, because again you don’t have a choice.)

I don't care for the yoke, but I mean....the track is kinda what it's best at.

M264763.jpg

Reactions: Beasts and MattMac