TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Why there have more mosquitoes in Tesla cars?

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by Xiao ma ge, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Xiao ma ge

Xiao ma ge Member

I am a serious person,and i have been trying to find out the reason why there have more mosquitoes in Tesla car .Finally it turns out that mosquitoes don't like petrol cars.Don't laugh,this is the truth. WeChat Image_20170612160716.png

Attached Files:

2. boonedocks

boonedocks Member

IMG_1617.JPG Maybe try one of these inside your car. Should do the trick.

3. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

Given (1) the well-established propensity for mosquitoes to congregate around diesel, gasoline and propane fumes - at least our Alaskan species of the pest - AND (2) mosquitoes' of every species making use of CO2 exhalations to target their prey, I'm finding your suggestions needing more evidence. To give you the benefit of my doubt, however, I'm wondering if this is a new-vehicle phenomenon: perhaps the outgassing either of the vehicle's seating material - whether leather or the "vegan" artificial material - is something Hong Kong's mosquitoes find attractive?