Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why toyota salesman aggressive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just walked into a Toyota dealership because they had a nearby subway that accepted a BOGO footlong promo code. So I really came there to just pick up mobile order sandwich. And just by walking in I'm like already asked to buy a car by 4 salesman trying to strike up a conversation with me asking me to buy a car. But I already have a Model Y, and I don't need a 2nd car just to sit around and depreciate.

Are Teslas a better value because they don't need to pay commission to sales people and put that money towards their cars instead? Tesla doesn't even have their own stadium like Toyota does or sponsor Olympic athletes or do commercials. When I went to the Tesla showroom, no one there pressures you to buy a car, they just inform you, like an Apple store. It's almost like they don't need you to buy a car compared to a Toyota dealership. Toyota sales people act all excited and wanna be your friend, Tesla people will just acknowledge you and help you out.

I much prefer to not have sales people and a more digital experience like Tesla is doing. I feel Toyota would sell you a car if you didn't need one. I can feel the aggressiveness of those sales people. One of them commented "be fresh" the subway slogan because I didn't give them a chance to sell me a car. I think it was their subtle way to say "FU". I made it clear I was just going in for Subway yet these sales people trying to sell me a $20k+ car just for being there. Just makes me think these old traditional car companies will have to put less in their cars to pay the commission these sales people are so aggressively going after.

I just walked into a Toyota dealership because they had a nearby subway that accepted a BOGO footlong promo code. So I really came there to just pick up mobile order sandwich. And just by walking in I'm like already asked to buy a car by 4 salesman trying to strike up a conversation with me asking me to buy a car. But I already have a Model Y, and I don't need a 2nd car just to sit around and depreciate.

Are Teslas a better value because they don't need to pay commission to sales people and put that money towards their cars instead? Tesla doesn't even have their own stadium like Toyota does or sponsor Olympic athletes or do commercials. When I went to the Tesla showroom, no one there pressures you to buy a car, they just inform you, like an Apple store. It's almost like they don't need you to buy a car compared to a Toyota dealership. Toyota sales people act all excited and wanna be your friend, Tesla people will just acknowledge you and help you out.

I much prefer to not have sales people and a more digital experience like Tesla is doing. I feel Toyota would sell you a car if you didn't need one. I can feel the aggressiveness of those sales people. One of them commented "be fresh" the subway slogan because I didn't give them a chance to sell me a car. I think it was their subtle way to say "FU". I made it clear I was just going in for Subway yet these sales people trying to sell me a $20k+ car just for being there. Just makes me think these old traditional car companies will have to put less in their cars to pay the commission these sales people are so aggressively going after.

I find it odd you're complaining about salespeople trying to make a living when you walked into their place of business. I'd ask how your Model 3 or Model Y purchase went, but having your parents buy your cars for you doesn't really count.

• Love
Reactions: Yelobird and AMPd