Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why was the STATS app thread removed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The stats app thread will likely be returned once it's cleaned of promotion posts. Supporting apps is OK here but promoting isn't, per the Terms outlined by the adminis.

Regarding a moderator response: moderators don't make the rules; we enforce them. I typically like to give @danny or @doug the opportunity to respond to site feedback threads since it's their site and their rules. But I hope this helps clarify the vendor issue.

The stats app thread will likely be returned once it's cleaned of promotion posts. Supporting apps is OK here but promoting isn't, per the Terms outlined by the adminis.

Thank you. It was a very useful thread for many users like me and we really appreciated that the app developer interacted with us to explain things we didn’t know. I appreciate that you are going to keep it going.

I have not personally reviewed that thread yet, but for clarification purposes, discussion of a product or service is generally fine, as long as the owner, representative or associate of such product/service is not using the thread to promote or provide support. Should a company wish to promote a product/service, we do ask that they become approved Vendors first. Vendors help keep the site running, and so we have to be fair to existing paying Vendors.

As @ohmman mentioned, the thread should be reinstated once any promotional or unauthorized posts have been removed from it.

Thanks for your understanding.

So we can talk about fight club without talking about fight club?

Just to be clear, because the developer popped in to help folks with the software, it’s a no no because he isn’t a vendor. But the rest of us can talk about it and provide support to one another?

• Funny
Reactions: BobAbooey
So we can talk about fight club without talking about fight club?

Just to be clear, because the developer popped in to help folks with the software, it’s a no no because he isn’t a vendor. But the rest of us can talk about it and provide support to one another?

I don’t think that Stats app dude was on here trying to make sales, Looked like to me he was honestly just trying to help people and I guess that’s a no no ... #whatever

Reactions: Itsuo-DC
Thank you all for the comments.
We are all Tesla enthusiasts (founders of this site included) who try to learn from each other and discuss additional features for our cars.

App development is not my day-job and I mainly do this because it's incredibly fun and gratifying to write apps like this which other users use.

The thread that one of the users created here and invited me after a few days has been very educational for me and led to addition of a couple of features that some of you asked for.

I hope I see you all again on the deleted thread once/if @danny restores it.

We are all Tesla enthusiasts (founders of this site included) who try to learn from each other and discuss additional features for our cars.

App development is not my day-job and I mainly do this because it's incredibly fun and gratifying to write apps like this which other users use.

The thread that one of the users created here and invited me after a few days has been very educational for me and led to addition of a couple of features that some of you asked for.

Stats is a remarkably well done app considering it’s completely free. It blows Tesla’s own app out of the water and the developer is incredibly responsive and helpful. Please bring the thread back, @danny

Hi, posting this again to get your attention. I had gifted the app to someone using the "gift" method in the App Store, and they never got it. Followed up with Apple and they said it's done and processed on their end, now they're waiting on the developer to do their end. Can you finish your end? It's been almost a week now.

Hi, posting this again to get your attention. I had gifted the app to someone using the "gift" method in the App Store, and they never got it. Followed up with Apple and they said it's done and processed on their end, now they're waiting on the developer to do their end. Can you finish your end? It's been almost a week now.
Hi @kumar H i hope our offline discussion resolved the issue. Email me again if you need help.
Apple does not involve developers in Apo Store matters.