Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why we bought a Tesla Model 3 instead of a ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Buying a new car is a big decision. Since we took delivery of our M3+ on Dec 2019 we decided that we want to share our new passion with others and hopefully help other people take the leap. We started a new you tube channel called Living Electric and posted our first video on why we choose a Tesla. Please have a look and if you like it support our channel with a like.

Buying a new car is a big decision. Since we took delivery of our M3+ on Dec 2019 we decided that we want to share our new passion with others and hopefully help other people take the leap. We started a new you tube channel called Living Electric and posted our first video on why we choose a Tesla. Please have a look and if you like it support our channel with a like.

Howdy! Fellow YouTuber, SoCal resident, and future-owner of a Tesla Model 3 here. I liked your vid but the audio quality needs some serious TLC. I left a much more detailed common on your video. :D

• Love
Reactions: BreezyM3
Howdy! Fellow YouTuber, SoCal resident, and future-owner of a Tesla Model 3 here. I liked your vid but the audio quality needs some serious TLC. I left a much more detailed common on your video. :D
It's always nice to meet a like minded person in the area, thank you for the feedback. We definitely have a lot to learn with video editing and every bit of feedback will help us improve the quality of the next video.

Reactions: Spacep0d
It's always nice to meet a like minded person in the area, thank you for the feedback. We definitely have a lot to learn with video editing and every bit of feedback will help us improve the quality of the next video.

Sure thing. The hard part is what you're doing well, content! The easy part is the technical side, and your audio will be easy to improve. You may also need separate lavalier mics for each of you, or two desktop mics (Blue Yetis work well if you want a good USB solution). Otherwise, one of you sounds close and intimate and the other sounds distant, especially if their speaking patterns naturally end in trailing volume.

Speaking or vocal performance is just something that comes from experience and confidence, but one also has to be aware that this is important and work on it too.

It's quite normal for the performance to be shaky when you're first vlogging—talking to yourself in a quiet room at 9p or whenever you did this. As you realize you're talking to real people, you'll generally snap in to that performance mode at some point (and it's better to do this earlier than later so your videos get more views and good feedback). This performance is just best-practices as it relates to being heard and understood, with viewer engagement; confidence, projecting your voice (yes, even with a mic), using mic imaging (closer to mic for quieter speech, farther out for extremely loud speech), good diction, etc. You may not need to image the mic for normal speech but if you watch vocalists, this is an important technique. Better to know about it than not. :D I'm a singer too so that helps, hehe.

After you get a good recording with good signal you can post-process it for compression and normalization (and EQ if you need or want it).

If you read a script it's going to sound like that and few can get away with it. There are times when this is perfectly appropriate, such as reading a headling, a news blurb, a comment, etc., but I wouldn't do a whole vlog this way unless your reading is top notch and sounds natural. For maximum engagement, I think it's better to have bullet points of talking points you want to hit and then use extemporaneous speech to hit those bullet points whilst allowing for a bit of riffing, humor, etc.

In the last post I meant to write 'comment' instead of common. I thought I fixed it but it didn't take I guess. :D

Good luck with the channel!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: UCF3 and outeast
Welcome to the club but that video does not help your cause one bit. It sounds so scripted and too Ad’sy. Reading off of a script will do you no good. You need to speak your heart out. I couldn’t help but get reminded of “Hi, have you ever found yourself in ...” type of audio advertisement when I was listening to it.

Good effort but need to change the presentation and take this criticism constructively. Eager to see how much your next video will improve.