Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why we finally pulled the trigger on the X...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shortly before the M3 came out, my husband told me about this car company called ‘Tesla’. He told me he wanted to put down $1,000 on a car. So, I humored him, went for a test drive in the MS and we put in the reservation for the 3. From that point on, my husband became obsessed, going on all these forums, joining a club and going to events. He was on YouTube, Twitter and any other place he could read about and learn about Tesla. He even bought a book about Elon Musk on my Nook (I’ve never ever seen him read a book!)

When a Tesla store in Miami finally got an actual Model 3 in, we went down and waited in line for an hour and a half just to see it. We left there arguing – I wanted the MS and he wanted the M3. We went back and forth. And back and forth.

Somewhere, my husband got the idea that he wanted to drive the MX. I laughed and basically was like “whatever”. He took my dad, the ultimate Tesla hater, for a drive and they both came home in love. It was roomy, comfortable, easy to get in and out of, had all the bells and whistles, an awesome windshield and last but not least, the falcon doors. My dad was sold and my husband was on a new mission – to get a MX.

Two weeks after that drive, my father passed away suddenly at the age of 63. The week after, my husband took me to drive the MX. I loved it. We then got it for 24 hours and drove the heck out of it all over south Florida. We didn’t want to take it back. We cried getting back in our Nissan, it was horrible!

We crunched the numbers and for us, it might be tight. We may have to dip into savings or lines of credit a couple months. But LIFE IS SHORT! My dad was full of live and lived each day to the fullest. He always said he wanted to spend all my inheritance because you can’t take it with you.

So… we pulled the trigger. We ordered not just the X, but the 100D with the premium package. We figured we might as well do it right. Don’t get me wrong – this wasn’t an impulse buy. We’ve done our research and due diligence. But we were always hesitant to take the leap. So if you’re on the fence, here’s my advice to you – life is short, seize the day, you only live once! Get off the fence and order your Tesla! Enjoy the ride! We can’t wait!

Shortly before the M3 came out, my husband told me about this car company called ‘Tesla’. He told me he wanted to put down $1,000 on a car. So, I humored him, went for a test drive in the MS and we put in the reservation for the 3. From that point on, my husband became obsessed, going on all these forums, joining a club and going to events. He was on YouTube, Twitter and any other place he could read about and learn about Tesla. He even bought a book about Elon Musk on my Nook (I’ve never ever seen him read a book!)

When a Tesla store in Miami finally got an actual Model 3 in, we went down and waited in line for an hour and a half just to see it. We left there arguing – I wanted the MS and he wanted the M3. We went back and forth. And back and forth.

Somewhere, my husband got the idea that he wanted to drive the MX. I laughed and basically was like “whatever”. He took my dad, the ultimate Tesla hater, for a drive and they both came home in love. It was roomy, comfortable, easy to get in and out of, had all the bells and whistles, an awesome windshield and last but not least, the falcon doors. My dad was sold and my husband was on a new mission – to get a MX.

Two weeks after that drive, my father passed away suddenly at the age of 63. The week after, my husband took me to drive the MX. I loved it. We then got it for 24 hours and drove the heck out of it all over south Florida. We didn’t want to take it back. We cried getting back in our Nissan, it was horrible!

We crunched the numbers and for us, it might be tight. We may have to dip into savings or lines of credit a couple months. But LIFE IS SHORT! My dad was full of live and lived each day to the fullest. He always said he wanted to spend all my inheritance because you can’t take it with you.

So… we pulled the trigger. We ordered not just the X, but the 100D with the premium package. We figured we might as well do it right. Don’t get me wrong – this wasn’t an impulse buy. We’ve done our research and due diligence. But we were always hesitant to take the leap. So if you’re on the fence, here’s my advice to you – life is short, seize the day, you only live once! Get off the fence and order your Tesla! Enjoy the ride! We can’t wait!
Sounds awesome. I’m not quite there yet but agree with you 100 percent.

Great story! Congratulations on deciding to get the model X. I came from a Nissan too, 2017 Armada, I also hated it after testing driving the X, didn’t know why because I used to think the armada was my favourite car. We just took delivery of the model x last week with premium package too, you’re going to enjoy it very much.

I love this story. It's similar to mine. My dad passed away at 59 about two months ago.
On Saturday (June 30th) I placed an order for a MX 75D.

Teslas have been my dream for about 4 years now and I shared that with my dad.

It's a lot of money and I've been uneasy about it. The MX costs about 4x as much as any car I've purchased.

However, like you said, you can't take money with you when you die. So as long as food and housing is taken care of, I see no problem in splurging!

Congrats on the 100D! (Wish I could justify the extra money for the range)

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Same here, my mother passed away at 93 and I suddenly got the urge to do something with money other than shove more of it in the 401K.

Model S, too much money for a car I have to really twist down to get in and with such limited headroom in the back. Model 3, same, plus it's not a hatchback. Model X.... seems to fit the bill. Even my wife is now excited, that test drive at the Tesla dealer made a convert out of her.

Now waiting for delivery!

• Love
Reactions: jlmbsn and P85_DA
Same here, my mother passed away at 93 and I suddenly got the urge to do something with money other than shove more of it in the 401K.

Model S, too much money for a car I have to really twist down to get in and with such limited headroom in the back. Model 3, same, plus it's not a hatchback. Model X.... seems to fit the bill. Even my wife is now excited, that test drive at the Tesla dealer made a convert out of her.

Now waiting for delivery!

That's exactly how we felt... especially as we are getting older. My husband hated getting in and out of the S. The X is just perfect. I was the same, I didn't care at all - it was all him! But once I drove the X I was hooked! So excited!!! We are waiting for delivery! What did you get?