Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why we need driverless. Video or it didn't happen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sound like a broken record but threads like this are a really important reminder of the incredibly reckless decisions that human drivers make on a regular basis. If any one of these accidents was caused by an autonomous vehicle there would be widespread outrage.

I'm not saying we should overlook the many limitations in driver assist/AP systems. We should just make sure we're comparing these systems with the alternative (human drivers), *not* with perfection.

I sound like a broken record but threads like this are a really important reminder of the incredibly reckless decisions that human drivers make on a regular basis. If any one of these accidents was caused by an autonomous vehicle there would be widespread outrage.

I'm not saying we should overlook the many limitations in driver assist/AP systems. We should just make sure we're comparing these systems with the alternative (human drivers), *not* with perfection.

So very true. And despite what people say here and in the lay press, they commonly forget just how terrible and distracted human drivers are as a whole.