Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why we need two super charger site in Markham?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will agree with 1st guess. But not agree with 2nd. Ppl in apartment buying a Tesla , chance is not that big.

Because apartment dwellers are less likely to be able to afford a $50k+ vehicle.

Well i live in a condo and i have a model 3. I'm very fortunate to live right in between these 2 stations and as previously mentioned they're off 2 major highways.... When i head north i can access the one near 404 and when i east on the 407 i can use that one.

I think you're underestimating the number of condos that are in the city. Tesla is probably going to have 15-20 locations within Toronto. It's just unfortunate they were both done now. It's more to the progression of Markham adopting electric vehicles over the rest of the city.

Reactions: SmartElectric
Well i live in a condo and i have a model 3. I'm very fortunate to live right in between these 2 stations and as previously mentioned they're off 2 major highways.... When i head north i can access the one near 404 and when i east on the 407 i can use that one.

I think you're underestimating the number of condos that are in the city. Tesla is probably going to have 15-20 locations within Toronto. It's just unfortunate they were both done now. It's more to the progression of Markham adopting electric vehicles over the rest of the city.

I admire your courage to drive Tesla without home charging and rely on super charger. Did you calculate the cost of super charge your Model 3 could equal to gas price?

I admire your courage to drive Tesla without home charging and rely on super charger. Did you calculate the cost of super charge your Model 3 could equal to gas price?
my previous car was $60 for 400 km of range... the supercharger should be about $14 to $20 based on calculations.
There's other chargers at my gym and i plan to install one at my parents house as well. Just to get my bases covered. Eventually hopefully the building adds some as well as Go Transit.

How you get 14 to 20 for 400km. I like to see your calculations.
I would assume no calculations are needed. Has had her/his Model 3 for 3 days now and has probably put 500 km on it just for fun. :p Anyway the first time a “fill- up” is done will have all the concrete data needed. Be interesting to see if there is any variation in cost between the exact same charge at the two Superchargers.

Pretty sure Tesla did not suggest to build in a mall, rather the mall invites Tesla to build Supercharger at their mall to encourage customers. Markville Mall is pretty "expensive" compare to regular malls.
Tesla should be quite well compensated, they might even get paid for installing stalls there.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
Well several people have posted that they charged at the supercharger and showed their rates/charges. Steve Lloyd who was the first person to get his model 3 in Canada said he charged from 75km of range left up to 400km and was charged only $12.00.

On Tuesday night, i went to to Markville mall charger and left my car for about 20 to 30 minutes to let it charge while some friends and i went inside to eat. Granted my car already had 325 km of range left, (so it was charging slower) but Tesla charged me $1.00 for those 20 minutes (unless it stopped charging once it hit the max i set it at)

I have no idea why it was only $1.00 and don't anticipate it to be that cheap going forward but $20.00 max for a full charge is what i do expect

Reactions: MarcoRP
Because apartment dwellers are less likely to be able to afford a $50k+ vehicle.
You should look at it more as condo dwellers as opposed to apartment. I'm in a condo townhouse in Thornhill, presently I have no option to put a charger in my parking space. I would love to have a supercharger nearer to me. Presently I either have to go to Vaughan mills or Lawrence to get a charge for my 3...

I've charged at the supercharger 3 times, and put in $5 and $4 and $2.20. The $2.20 charge got me about 60km, the $4 charge got me about 100km I think. I don't remember how much I got on the $5 charge.

So if I'm looking at that way about $20 to get 500km. Around that anyway. I'm a condo dweller as well and rely on the supercharger or other free slow charging (BMW near me has one) but it takes ages as it's only 50km an hour approx., but enough to top off my trip to work if i leave it for a few hours at night.

My previous car was averaging about 10/l per 100km and that's being generous with the highway, town driving was putting it up near 14/l So basing off the 10/l, that's 50 for 500 and it required me to put in premium gas which last fill was at 1.60/l = $80 so I'm happy with that!

I think it is really about location priority. We still have nothing between Woodstock and Comber (just outside Windsor). Nothing even in the London area.

Exactly what I mean. Of course I like see more super chargers everywhere. But with Tesla’s recent cash flow problem, I would like them to put more on strategic locations for long distance travel. Quality vs quantity, simple as that.

.... I'm a condo dweller as well and rely on the supercharger or other free slow charging (BMW near me has one) but it takes ages as it's only 50km an hour approx., but enough to top off my trip to work if i leave it for a few hours at night.

My previous car was averaging about 10/l per 100km and that's being generous with the highway, town driving was putting it up near 14/l So basing off the 10/l, that's 50 for 500 and it required me to put in premium gas which last fill was at 1.60/l = $80 so I'm happy with that!

U will love it if you can get power say 30 amps 220v to the car overnight - charge at 2c /Kwh. while u sleep

To answer the thread title's question...because the people of Markham & Unionville like their teslas.
20180614_152603_zpsjcch7hkh.jpg

20180614_152558_zps2x8vhh0q.jpg