TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Why will you need a Cyber Truck?

Discussion in 'Cybertruck' started by Xiao ma ge, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Xiao ma ge

Xiao ma ge Member

Why will you need a Cyber Truck? Work demands or any other reason?

2. Salil Bhatnagar

Salil Bhatnagar New Member

Don't need it for any work demands. One car will be 15 years old by the time this comes and my Model S will have been paid off. It will be time to get another car so why not get the coolest looking thing on the road. I also plan on taking this to the snow and camping, etc.

3. Zybane

Zybane Member

I live in and tow an Airstream.

• Like x 2
  4. RyanS

RyanS Ka-chow

Home Depot and maybe Costco

• Funny x 3
  5. Fobble

Fobble Member

Re-charge the battery daily for free in AZ with the upgraded sliding cover.

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  6. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Active Member

It's an SUV with the added functionality of a pick-up truck.

In other words, I have a family (3 kids) that can sit comfortably in the back, and I will no longer have to find nooks and crannies to shove all of our crap when we go on trips. I've had to rent, borrow, or pay to have things delivered more times than I can count because haven't had a truck. We've also recently acquired a lake property that we'll be developing, and I'll be able to use the truck to haul things back and forth.

So, yeah, I don't need it for work...but it'll fit right into our lifestyle.

• Like x 1
  7. aerodyne

aerodyne Member

^This...plus can park outside, stay charged in the sun with solar vault cover, free up the garage, no worries about paint, ideal bug out vehicle, camper.
    My MS comes off warranty in 2023, hopefully will take delivery of my reserved RWD before then...

8. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Active Member

Don’t need.... want

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  9. PhatCat

PhatCat Kisco Kid

I plan to do lots of landscaping and gardening when I retire to Hawaii by then, so hauling stuff. I agree with previous poster from Arizona..i can park it outside and get most of the charge I'll need for free.

Also to pick up all my suddenly renewed friends and their things when they come to visit.

• Funny x 1
  10. prettig

prettig Member

Zero need, all want......

Will replace a M3P.

• Like x 1
  11. sburke91

sburke91 New Member

Zero need, but I've had a truck for large chunks of time over the past ~25 years, and every time I've replaced it with something else, I've regretted it. My current truck is a 2016 Tundra, which replaced a X5 50i that I had for 2.5 years, which, in turn, replaced a 2003 Tundra I had for 10 years.

Most days, any old car would fit my needs, but I tow a 23' boat multiple times during boating season, have a 8' utility trailer, and when I want to haul stuff, I want to do it NOW, not when I can beg, borrow, or rent a truck. At the same time I need seating space to haul my daughter, her stuff, and, every now and then, her friend. I also want to be able to drive in any weather (within reason) and not have to worry about 2' of snow if I need to visit my mom, who lives in an area that can get some serious snow.

I've been trying to talk my wife into a Model X when we replace her car, next year, but she's sketchy on it, and we want to keep at least one ICE vehicle. The Cybertruck will bit the bill for 99% of my truck needs, likely be more fun, and create a nice entry into the EV world, with little to no compromise for us.

12. mrtian97

mrtian97 Member

I am interested also, surprised with how much demands of this compared to the Model Y.
    I have a Model S and my wife X5. Not sure which one this CT will replace bc I love my Model S. Not sure if my wife will agree to drive this as her daily drive

13. mrtian97

mrtian97 Member

CT looks cool, looks like Batmobile

14. Mjølner

Mjølner Member

Because I want one, as easy as that.

• Like x 1
  15. Lasairfion

Lasairfion Member

I was waiting for the Model 3 to arrive in the UK, and I really need the all-wheel drive so it'd have to be a more expensive dual motor one which comes to about £55k with Full Self Driving added. Then the Y was announced and I was thinking that perhaps that would be a better option because of the ride height and the extra storage capacity but that's going to be roughly 10% more in cost.

This Cybertruck blows all those metrics out of the water in a package that carries 6 people and a ton more stuff in a covered area; and more importantly the price-point is way better for an all wheel drive option. If you do a simple currency conversion then the AWD option with FSD is coming in at just over £44k. It's likely going to be more due to import duties / delivery charges etc but surely it's going to be somewhere around the same price as the Model 3 and possibly cheaper than the Model Y.

So my new plan is the Cybertruck.

• Like x 2
  16. Model S M.D.

Model S M.D. Ludicrous Radiologist

I have no idea. Never owned a truck and this is my first time on a "truck" forum lol. I am just really intrigued by the specs, stainless steel, utility of it, etc.

• Helpful x 1
  17. geoffmanley

geoffmanley Member

Road trips with kids. Haul bikes, etc.

18. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

#18 Tam, Nov 24, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    I don't need it but it's an itch that I need to scratch!

And if I can afford to pay to cure that itch, why not?

When I need to haul construction things, garden stuff, a new 82 inch Television... I can rent a truck or the stores can deliver them to me.

Also, when I need to rest on a road trip, I can rent a hotel as well.

However, with a CyberTruck, I can do it on my own which would make me feel very satisfying.

That's the same feeling for skipping a hotel and go straight to rest on a campground by towing an AirSream trailer.

19. aerodyne

aerodyne Member

And you won't need to fire up a noisy generator to power you camper if there are no hookups...

• Like x 1
  20. firetrax

firetrax Member

Driving a rig that big in the UK? Wow that's brave! I love the CT but just think it's too big for UK roads, car parks etc

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1