Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why will you need a Cyber Truck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It could have a hidden sliding hitch to accommodate regular towing as well as gooseneck towing
bf546525c44f399c972f6f8f31d4a78ac90a38cc6ddcdb88b0be172640359dff.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: SeminoleFSU
I could just as well get a Y or S, but there's a few reasons the CT stands out.

• Seats 4 comfortably; 5 or 6 in a pinch.
  • 500 mile range: reduces range anxiety.
  • Thrilling 2.9 second 0-60.
  • AWD.
  • Can handle some casual off-roading or bad weather.
  • Air suspension.
  • Looks cool, unique.
  • Should be safe in a crash (debate about crumple zones aside).
  • Ideal for camping: can just sleep in the back; has camping accessories.
  • Tailgate that can turn into a ramp: useful for loading a handcycle into the back or letting my dog(s) get into the back without struggling. (Looks like I would need to add grip/padding to accommodate the dog though.)
  • Has room to hold my wheelchair in back: important if I'm with a passenger who can put it back there. Otherwise, I just disassemble the wheelchair and put it into the front passenger's seat.
  • Stainless steel / no paint: I absolutely destroy the paint on my cars getting the wheelchair in/out, which makes me feel bad. Scratching stainless steel just adds character.
  • No huge center console: means I can move my wheelchair into the front passenger's seat without worrying about overcoming or damaging a big center console/arm rest. In more general terms, that front seating area looks very roomy.
The only thing that really gives me pause is if the step-in height is too tall for me to slide into the driver's seat, but given that it can lower to 8" of ground clearance (possibly more after additional updates), I'm hopeful the seat won't be too high.
I was thinking about the step in height as well. I have hip issues and if I have difficulties getting in then unfortunately it’d be a deal breaker.

I own a home. How does any homeowner NOT have a truck? Mulch, home projects, landscape... list goes on. Do people who own a home with a yard really not own a truck?

99% of the stuff I need for my home/yard fits fine in my M3. The one percent of the time I either have them deliver or I rent a truck. That's a couple of hundred dollars a year versus a $50K+ depreciating asset plus insurance plus registration plus other trivial expenses. Y'all with acres of land might be different, I only have 0.2 Acres.

Reactions: Fred42