Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why will you need a Cyber Truck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My next vehicle is going to be a truck was looking at the F150, I will use it for around the house projects but nothing too tedious. When they announced the cyber truck the specs have impressed me. So I put down the deposit for the tri motor. I love the amount of space in the cabin (6 people seating), and the 6.5 ft vault with a cover. Along with the specs of 16 clearance and 500 mile range with a possible option of solar. For 70k (plus whatever the solar option is), that is a great deal.

I put in an order for solar roof, so I hope to have a bullet resistant vehicle that I can power at my home. Can’t get much better than that.

I ordered 3 of them a Tri and two Dual....if FSD / RoboTaxi is working by then. Yea a big IF... but..

I'll get the Tri-motor regardless of where FSD is in 2 years, but I want to have 2 for Phoenix / Scottsdale with my company logo for Vacation Rentals and to use on the Tesla Network to RoboTaxi and make $ as it promotes my real biz. I also want to get a SNOW PLOW for the Tri-Motor so I can plow my Cabins in Flagstaff as well as neighbors in the area. The third CT could potentially stay in Flagstaff, Robotaxi there as well as run errands for my guests or pick them up from the bar after a few too many...it will be an amazing word of mouth for both Tesla and my biz.

So, I will be using it to run my business, but also for road trips...can't wait for that 500+ mile range and the camper mode will be amazing with the huge bed!

Reactions: Shygar
I ordered 3 of them a Tri and two Dual....if FSD / RoboTaxi is working by then. Yea a big IF... but..

I'll get the Tri-motor regardless of where FSD is in 2 years, but I want to have 2 for Phoenix / Scottsdale with my company logo for Vacation Rentals and to use on the Tesla Network to RoboTaxi and make $ as it promotes my real biz. I also want to get a SNOW PLOW for the Tri-Motor so I can plow my Cabins in Flagstaff as well as neighbors in the area. The third CT could potentially stay in Flagstaff, Robotaxi there as well as run errands for my guests or pick them up from the bar after a few too many...it will be an amazing word of mouth for both Tesla and my biz.

So, I will be using it to run my business, but also for road trips...can't wait for that 500+ mile range and the camper mode will be amazing with the huge bed!
Thats a great idea. plus the tax write off for the business use. I never thought about snowplow duty. I have a ranch in Montana and I have an F-450 to do the plowing there but would consider a CT if they make a plow package.

If it makes you feel better I paid $78k for my F-450
Haha, oh no... I realize that there are already ridiculously priced trucks out there. Especially when you have a platinum F250 or F350 diesel... Nobody NEEDS one of those either

Edit:
I should clarify that I don't propose that those trucks don't have utility, it's just that I don't see the need in a luxury truck of that class. Kind of a delineation of roles thing for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: LasVegas2019
If it makes you feel better I paid $78k for my F-450
We are replacing a 2006 truck soon, and it seems that anything with Automatic Emergency Braking is over $50k. $70k for a nicely equipped truck is not uncommon now. They are like luxury cars. HUD, ACC, 360 view, trailer cam, integrated brake control, power tailgate, power retract side step. A far cry from what was available in 2006.

Replacing 2015 F150

IMG_6499.jpeg

Driving a rig that big in the UK? Wow that's brave! I love the CT but just think it's too big for UK roads, car parks etc

Did you see that video comparing it to other vehicles, can't remember where I saw it but was pretty cool. Not a whole lot bigger than the flagship BMW nor hummers. But yea, could be an issue with city parking but then plenty of biiig suvs manage so maybe where there's will there's way!

Thats a great idea. plus the tax write off for the business use. I never thought about snowplow duty. I have a ranch in Montana and I have an F-450 to do the plowing there but would consider a CT if they make a plow package.

Yea, that's the wild card. Will there be a way to attach a plow, hopefully without some custom (read expensive) attachments? The truck can tow 14K so it has to have the structural integrity to do so, but isn't the typical on-frame design so who knows?

I think the CT will be an amazing snowplow truck. Massive clearance, incredible traction and plenty of range to handle all-day work even in cold weather.

Need to be able to:
1) travel on unsealed steep tracks/roads up the sides of mountains & hills
2) need to be able to carry long items on tri/quad roof racks

Model X would do the job if it didn’t have falcon wing doors & had much greater ground clearance to avoid large rocks/small boulders

Seating 6 is a bonus

We bought an Expedition thinking I would tow my Mustang to car shows. Easier than packing 2 kids and luggage in the Mustang. That happened twice in 10 years. If I need to tow, I’ll just rent a truck. Expedition is great for long trips though. We use it to go to Las Vegas a couple times a year.

What I do miss is having a pickup truck and just throwing stuff in the back; plywood, 2x4s, large tools, dirty car parts, dueling tree, steel targets/stand, commercial refrigerators, etc. I had a ‘90s Toyota pickup that was great for this. Long trips to Vegas, not so much.

Still deciding between a single motor and dual motor; leaning towards single motor. Tow capacity isn’t a concern; not planning to tow. Speed is not a concern; other cars are faster and 6.5 0-60 in a truck is plenty quick. AWD isn’t needed; Expedition is 2wd and never needed to put chains in 10 years. Lastly, don’t think ~50 miles of range is worth $10k for the trips to Vegas; I’m thinking it’s not.

Also, not sure there is an advantage to putting in an order this early. My experience with the Model 3 suggest there isn’t; ordered 10/19 and delivery was 12/28; others ordered in December and got theirs within a week. So unless there is some special perk reservists get this early, I’ll wait to put my order in.