Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why will you need a Cyber Truck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While combat parking at the mall? Running over a cone at car pick up? But not rock crawling In the Kenai to get to my goat base camp.
I've actually hit a few items off-road. However, my thought is that the Cyber truck has too long a wheelbase for serious rock crawling. Usually you want 88" wheelbase or similar for that kind of fun.

I've actually hit a few items off-road. However, my thought is that the Cyber truck has too long a wheelbase for serious rock crawling. Usually you want 88" wheelbase or similar for that kind of fun.
I do it in my LX570, 112” wheel base on 35’s. Same 112” wheel base as my LX450 had and on 37’s that was a beast off road. They run 80 series on the Rubicon. But yes a SWB platform is better for technical trails.

I didn't know there were any lots left in SF bay area :)

Up the hill at the East Bay Hills. Nice view. :)

xQyeooG.jpg

My wife and I have always wanted to buy a trailer for camping, but couldn’t tow with the minivan we had. We looked into getting a Toyota Sequoia but it gets such poor MPG that it’d be an awful commuter vehicle (which is what it would be most used for).

The Cybertruck ticks all the boxes for us; can commute without burning gas, can tow trailer and do amazing camping adventures, can piss off my dad and boomer brothers who hate the look (I adore the design), can make it through Tahoe snow storms - and it’s like having a DeLorean (another long time dream).

Reactions: Fred42
I am not really a guy that should think like this BUt that doesn't mean I can't ask...
Doesn't the battery pack lend itself easily to welding another layer of protection on to it without screwing things up?
Good thought, Possibly Could work for skid plates, depending on the construction of the under belly, although bolting on so they could be replaced may be theoretically better. Rock sliders are much more stout then an extra layer.

Good thought, Possibly Could work for skid plates, depending on the construction of the under belly, although bolting on so they could be replaced may be theoretically better. Rock sliders are much more stout then an extra layer.
well there ya go then...
I had to google "rock sliders."
I guess you can configure it the way you think best. And you know more....
I was just thinking you could put a slab of something under there from one side to the other pretty easily.

I intend to power my house during outages. I already have the transfer switch installed and so I just need to drive Cyber to the back of the house and plug it in. If I only run the freezer, fridge, and a few lights I expect that the battery will last for a week or longer. I will add a carport with solar panels on it as soon as I convince the wife that it is a good idea.

Reactions: lafrisbee