Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why would someone do this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I'm being too harsh, but you seem to care as much about appearance as those who add badges. Yours is just the opposite: debadging to say "Look at me and my clean car - I'm anti-status." If you didn't care, you'd just leave it as is, no?

Or, it's a way of confusing the hell out of people, the rare, "Tesla Cocoon launch" where you pull aside a bus full of octogenarians and shout, "whoa, you guys got old! I just drove off to have this thing debadged and when I returned, everyone aged 50 years.... Then you blow them off the line at the red light.... jaws drop when they realize that you are so fast, you didn't age as you approached relativistic speeds. Right?

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
I'm embarrassed to say that it took my over a minute to figure out what the deal was with that Model S....

... and then I realized that I was fooled by the fake badge and neglected to look at the rest of the car.

I get it. It’s like when Rick James slapped Charlie Murphy. (RIP - hope you are playing lots of Basketball with Prince) You kinda have a delayed response because it’s so shocking and out of left field.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
Maybe I'm being too harsh, but you seem to care as much about appearance as those who add badges. Yours is just the opposite: debadging to say "Look at me and my clean car - I'm anti-status." If you didn't care, you'd just leave it as is, no?

Lol I need your advice. My model 3 has no badges presently because Elon was too cheap to pay his badge suppliers.

They laughed at funding secured assurances and want COD so I figure badges come in 2019.

Should I stick them on? Or leave them off? Feel like it’s damned if I do, damned if I don’t lol.

No. It’s a pain in the ass to clean around the badges, and I hate the asymmetry caused by the badges. If people want me to care about their opinion of my car they will need to pay for part of it.

Reactions: jkirkwood001
Not to vain about my looks either. Us HB's tend to busy with other things.

They may hunt frogs and rodents, such as gerbils and ground squirrels, by digging them out of their burrows. Honey badgers are able to feed on tortoises without difficulty, due to their powerful jaws. They kill and eat snakes, even highly venomous or large ones, such as cobras. They have been known to dig up human corpses in India. They devour all parts of their prey, including skin, hair, feathers, flesh and bones, holding their food down with their forepaws.

And then there is me with the total reflective window coverings so people don't annoy me at superchargers. Not sure which is worse.
20180904_164818.jpg

Not a supercharger above:p

2 odd things to me:

1) Aren't most people who even know what a P100D emblem even means going to know that it doesn't belong on a Model 3? Like, who exactly are they trying to impress?

2) This is parked at a gym and I've seen the person who drives it. I don't want to make assumptions, but I absolutely would not match this person to be one to do this.

Reactions: MXWing