Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why would someone do this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those HOV stickers look horrible.

Not as horrible as my brains would look all over the interior after finally snapping and killing myself to end the agony of not having HOV access and having to sit in the peasant lanes.

At least until the HOV lane becomes useless over the next few months as more and more and more people gain access, and they continue not to enforce the law anyway.

But yes, if our state wasn't run by morons they'd have used special plates instead. That'd even have gotten people to start putting on front plates, I bet.

…but as for the badge? Meh. I'll never voluntarily have any sort of badges besides the manufacturer logo on the hood and trunk (every car I've ever bought was debadged immediately. No model designations, no trim designations), but some people love to try and impress people with how much money they either spent or are lying about spending, or how much power they have or are lying about having.

There's also just the fun of trolling people and making them throw hissy fits.

Last edited:
As per my post previously I would probably just make my own badging along the lines of what I outlined:

Model | Short/Long Range | Drive/Performance

Model 3 variants would be:
S, SD; L, LD, LP

Model S variants would be:
(up to 75kwh) S, SD; (over 85kwh) L, LD, LP, LP+, LL

Model X variants would be:
(up to 75kwh) SD; (over 90kwh) LD, LP

I see nothing wrong here. Obviously they were lucky enough to receive the one of one P100D TM3. There were murmurs of this beast from Tesla employees but I always assumed it a tall tale. This is is Loch Ness Monster, Bigfoot, UFO, level of rare. Buy a lottery ticket my friend, and please have the decency to gift me 1% of your gross winnings for giving you the heads up.

I dunno, the lack of badging bugged me a little bit too. So I went with this. Maybe it's a little tacky/trite, but I like it. :D

fluxcapacitor.jpg

Badging is just something I don't get anyways. Why would it be of any importance to write on the back of the car that is 8 cylinders or a turbo charger or any other technical info. Even more random, what some marketing person though of the car's trim should be labeled. SLK, CRX, F150 or whatever. Makes zero sense. The only purpose is to either brag or be judged by others. I don't care about one or the other. :)

I see nothing wrong here. Obviously they were lucky enough to receive the one of one P100D TM3. There were murmurs of this beast from Tesla employees but I always assumed it a tall tale. This is is Loch Ness Monster, Bigfoot, UFO, level of rare. Buy a lottery ticket my friend, and please have the decency to gift me 1% of your gross winnings for giving you the heads up.
I think this is Elon's personal vehicle. I think I saw it parked at a SpaceX launch.

Badging is just something I don't get anyways. Why would it be of any importance to write on the back of the car that is 8 cylinders or a turbo charger or any other technical info. Even more random, what some marketing person though of the car's trim should be labeled. SLK, CRX, F150 or whatever. Makes zero sense. The only purpose is to either brag or be judged by others. I don't care about one or the other. :)
Well, that's easy.... "David99" is clearly more sporty and exciting than "DavidPendermuff34"

…but as for the badge? Meh. I'll never voluntarily have any sort of badges besides the manufacturer logo on the hood and trunk (every car I've ever bought was debadged immediately. No model designations, no trim designations), but some people love to try and impress people with how much money they either spent or are lying about spending, or how much power they have or are lying about having.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but you seem to care as much about appearance as those who add badges. Yours is just the opposite: debadging to say "Look at me and my clean car - I'm anti-status." If you didn't care, you'd just leave it as is, no?

Reactions: APotatoGod