Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why you need paint protection...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a quick follow-up, I talked with both Upper Class Detailing and Goldwing Auto Care. Upper Class ended up being over $1000 more than Goldwing in the quote I got, plus they would not have time to get my car done before the first week of October, while Goldwing is capable of taking my car the week after next. Both seem to use the same material / offer the same level of work.

Ken Wilson @ Autowerkes Exclusive
He does the work on Tesla's test drive vehicles and many of the new deliveries in Vancouver. He did half Xpel and full Opticoat on my car. He books up several weeks ahead, so if you're interested, call him once you have a delivery date. Shop is in Maple Ridge.
autowerkesexclusive.com

He also posts some good photos on Facebook, under "Autowerkes Exclusive"

Thank you very much! :biggrin:

As a quick follow-up, I talked with both Upper Class Detailing and Goldwing Auto Care. Upper Class ended up being over $1000 more than Goldwing in the quote I got, plus they would not have time to get my car done before the first week of October, while Goldwing is capable of taking my car the week after next. Both seem to use the same material / offer the same level of work.
PM me if you'd like to see the wrap job Goldwing did on my car.

This is a high impact area on an MS. I know with the Xpel package I do for Tesla's I include the standard area's(full front end, mirrors, lights, ect..) But after seeing so many I added doing the area in the picture and the area in front of the rear tire. The little concave right there gets a ton of chips. Also doing the full rear bumper instead of just the loading area because the back wheels throw a lot of rocks at the area behind them. In Canada can't speak high enough about Ken Wilson of Autowerkes Exclusive, he does amazing work!

Yes the area in front of the back wheels is a mess too. Temporarily I'm wrapping it DIY a panel at a time. That should get me through the next winter. It's labor intensive but I paid $200 for a roll of wrapping material from Vvivid. Next year I should be able to get a professional job done.

Paint Protection

Thanks Agloutney, Sorry for your marked car, but I have been vacillating about paint protection and coating, but finally deciding to get it done. I got my PD in Jan. I guess TO winters were a bit milder, but looks like it will be worth the extra 2 to 3K to get this done.
Hi Biker,

Did you get the paint protection done? How does it look? Where did you go? Thanks,

I brought both our S90D's to Paul at PH Solar in Vancouver. Got my tint and 3M Clearwrap done for great
prices. Only front clip wrap for the blue and full wrap for the red MS. They applied Llumar window tint for me and I have nothing but good thing to say about Paul and his sons service. They are a family run business for a couple of decades and they have contracts with dealerships too.

I've brought my last 8 vehicles to them and they work on McLarens, Ferraris, Lambos, and everything else you can think of. I paid $4K for the full wrap and tint and $2K for front 1/2 wrap and tint...cash prices.