Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why you should not buy a Mercedes-Benz S-Class.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a bit strong to label people 'insecure' or 'jealous' for reasoning through the negatives of ownership of a certain car. People on this forum do so about gasoline powered cars everyday...(and in this thread). Does that mean those people are insecure about their purchase of a Tesla?

That thread is really a compliment to the model S in that owners of what is historically the best car in the world are actually reasoning through the negatives of owning a Model S likely because the positives look so appealing to them and are discussed regularly.

I'm sure the S class guys are laughing because many of their reasons for not buying a model S are the very things people on this forum complain about regularly.

Frankly the whole us against them thing is a bit pedestrian. We bought expensive electric cars. We aren't heaven sent angels making earth better.

Yeah I'm aware of this, I still find it a bit jarring that the traditional buyer would be so concerned with validating their purchase. Especially when you consider how different a Model S is compared to a 7 Series or S-Class. I've always found it a bit odd when people cross shop Model S with other full size luxuries.

One is all electric and more software driven, the others are gas and filled with insane amenities like massage seats and heated panels. And from what I remember, surveys showed a lot of Tesla owners are people who stepped out of their comfort zone with the budget of the vehicle. So a lot of buyers (at least initially when this study came out) were people that would never go for a full size luxury. This is all just conjecture of course.
Exactly. I would have never in my wildest dreams ever considered buying an $80,000 car before I got my Model S.

My "Friendly" Neighbor came up to me this morning. And showed me that the guys over on the S-Class forum have created an abundance of reason's as to why "One Should Not Buy A Tesla Model S". And that annoyed me. So why not create a list of reason's as why us Tesla owner's should NOT buy a S-Class. Let me start....:D

1. It's pretty slow compared to our car's.
2. It use's gas.
3.You have to "Change the Oil"
4. They don't look as good as our car's do.
5. You have to actually use the brake to stop.

Why would you not buy an S-Class?

1. Pollution
2. No refuel at home
3. No over the air update means no GUI refresh + features
+ all the reasons people mentioned above !

• Disagree
Reactions: Eclectic
Just swap Bentley with Tesla...

4528293bentley-jpg.jpg

Best add ever.

Oh give it up bro - I'm in So Cal and there are still no parking lots anywhere near 50% Tesla.

I routinely have 4-5 Teslas exiting the country club together in my morning commute - out of 5-8 cars. Yes, it has a lot to do with HOV stickers and the commuter lane but the concentration is extremely high. Last weekend I took a picture of 5 Teslas parked at Lowes - not even close to 50% but I commented when I took the picture to my wife, "only this valley would you see 5 Teslas and no Mercedes at a Lowes."

There is only once reason to buy a S class over a model S. When you park the S in the garage in the winter (California winter) it heats the garage a few degrees. I do not see me owning another BMW or Mercedes in the next few years (never say never).

Exactly. I would have never in my wildest dreams ever considered buying an $80,000 car before I got my Model S.
I have never considered buying a MB. Until the Tesla, I never considered buying a car this expensive... I could afford it but no car was worth that amount of money... until Tesla. Best car I have ever owned and I am completely happy with my purchase (2+ years and 47,000 miles).

Reactions: Sasmania and CliffG
I don't think I could go back to gas.
Had to fill up the gas mobile when it was snowing and cold and wet and cold and windy.
THEN.. I HAD TO PAY MONEY for the privilege of pumping toxic flammable smelly goo into my car!

Other than towing requirements, I don't see gas in my future. (12k min... maybe someday w/a EV)!
I'm hoping that the oil change I did on my wife's Prius this weekend was the last time I have to change the oil in it.

I read a few pages and man watching some of the posters flat out lying about the Tesla experience to justify their own obsession with their gas guzzling MBs was entertaining... I also got a kick out of one poster who couldn't get off their "bleeding heart liberals" argument... People like that really are the worst society has to offer...

It's a factual statement that the overall interior quality of an S Class is better than the Model S or X. I don't think anyone can really argue that point by itself... However, once in look at the entire car there is no way you could ever convince me to buy a MB... I once tried actually, went to a stealership walked around for 30 min, had the sales guys looking at me and apparently I wasn't dressed well enough for them so after that 30 min I got in my car and left...

If you have to be an arrogant, smug, db to qualify for the rights to buy a MB then that's not the right brand for me...

Jeff

Reactions: Sasmania