Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WI FI and Wireless Antenna Location on Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone discovered the location of either the WI FI Antenna or Wireless Antenna physical location on the Model 3? I'm having problems connection to my home wireless Network and intermitant problems with the wireless service. Since I keep my Model 3 in a basement garage. I suspect I need to provide and extender or addition antenna in the garage to connect with my Model 3.

That is my understanding. Another thing which seems to make a great difference in reception for me is that the WiFi access point should be on the "front" side of the mirror assembly and not the mirror side. I reverse park (rear of car close to garage door) my car (red T in photo below) in my driveway in front of my garage. My WiFi extender is inside the garage on the opposite side of where I park my car on the driveway but near the garage door (red X in photo below). In this position the mirror is between the antenna and the access point. The reception is so-so. But if I turn my car around in the driveway (nose close to the garage) and even with the car halfway on the sidewalk, positioning the right-hand side mirror the same distance from the garage door as before, reception is greatly improved.

1669672281683.png

On the S the WiFi antenna is in the right side mirror.

I think on the 3 they moved it to the roof cross bar, under the headliner between the roof glass and back glass.

Reactions: Mike1080i
On the S the WiFi antenna is in the right side mirror.

I think on the 3 they moved it to the roof cross bar, under the headliner between the roof glass and back glass.

It seems that you are the first person to report this. That service page adds a lot of credibility. It would be even more so it it had a current date.