Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wide angle anti-glare side mirror glass

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Medved_77

TM3 SR+ | MSM+Black | No FSD
Jan 20, 2020
Scotland
Bought a set of these over the weekend:

Wide angle side mirror glass for model 3,S,X | Intelligentized Auto Parts | Hansshow

I'm hoping the wide angle part will help to show curbs during parallel parking. I've not had an issue with glare but the versions with the anit-glare were the same price as without so thought I'd give them a try.

Suspect they'll arrive in a couple of weeks, they cost £55 so hoping they may slip under the customs net.

There's a video review here from Because Tesla:

Checkout code 'becausetesla' will give you a 15% discount and unlike others, is applicable for orders below $100.

I'll post some images of the installation once they arrive.

You know that you can auto tilt your mirrors when you reverse to see the curb + the cameras so this a well??
I find the auto tilt dips too far for most scenarios. I'll give it another go but remember turning this off on day one of ownership.

Unfortunately, the last time I relied on the camera to tell me how close my wheels were to the kerb I kerbed the nearside rear :oops:

I find the auto tilt dips too far for most scenarios. I'll give it another go but remember turning this off on day one of ownership.

Unfortunately, the last time I relied on the camera to tell me how close my wheels were to the kerb I kerbed the nearside rear :oops:

Try making the parking profile instead of the auto dip, that way you can get the mirrors exactly where you want them (and only when you want them) so you can see the kerb :)

Try making the parking profile instead of the auto dip, that way you can get the mirrors exactly where you want them (and only when you want them) so you can see the kerb :)
Thanks, that's a good shout. Although I'd need one for each driver I suppose, along with the existing 2 driver profiles, 1 camp mode profile easy entry etc.

Just received my side view wide angle mirrors from hanshow and they were the wrong ones. They sent me model 3 mirrors which are not the same size. Very disappointed. No response from the company just yet, they could be on the back side of the clock sleeping.

An alternative Tesla Model 3 from Suma Performance albeit more expensive.

They have been around for some time and are very highly regarded by users. Apparently their proprietary antiglare manufacturing process is different to others so that the way antiglare works (absorbs all but blue spectrum light) is very different and permanent as it is not a tint so will not fade.

Reactions: webbah
I just got my set in today, shipping was pretty quick - took about 10 days or so coming from China. About 10 minutes to install both mirrors. Definitely can see more in the mirror but because it is a bit...convex, the image seems to have some distortion. Cars also seem further back than they really are so its going to take some time to get used to.