TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Width Restrictions

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by NAALSET, Oct 6, 2017.

1. NAALSET

NAALSET Member

Please post the tightest width restriction you have taken your Model X through. Has anyone taken it through a 7’ width restriction?

2. arg

arg Supporting Member

My S went through a 2.0m restriction in Wanstead (east London) the other week - slightly helped by the fact that previous collisions had left the posts leaning a bit outwards, but still required me to hop out and guide the driver through with mirrors folded. X would not fit at all!

I wouldn't have gone that way if I had remembered the size correctly; I had thought it to be 2.2m, and I've been happy with others that size in the S.

S is 2287mm over mirrors, 1964mm mirrors folded; X is 2271mm/2070mm. 7' is 2133mm - if it's actually that size, it will be really tight in an X, and I don't think I'd take one through without an assistant.

3. NAALSET

NAALSET Member

What I thought. Seems like a need to plan a few different routes :)

4. DJP31

DJP31 Member

Trouble is I don’t know of any route planner that offers ‘width restriction’ as a filter :(

5. NAALSET

NAALSET Member

There isn’t. Waze should have the functionality.....but it doesn’t. I guess local roads is OK (you would know). Problem is going somewhere you dont know....

6. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Do NOT attempt 6’6”. It literally does not fit.
    7’ leaves about an inch each side and pretty much needs someone guiding you.
    As added info, the car just fits onto the Eurotunnel train. I did not rimrash, but was squeezing rubber occasionally no matter how careful.

7. kevinof

kevinof Member

on the Euro tunnel if you book an "extra height" carriage, you get a wider one and it fits better.

8. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Thanks, good to know.

9. NAALSET

NAALSET Member

Got it.

10. Sound

Sound Member

#10 Sound, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    My satnav wanted to take me over this bridge across the Wye, just of the A470. I chickened out and reversed back to the main road when I realised the Model X just wouldn't fit between the posts, although more 'normal' cars were getting through OK. I don't know the width but it's probably less than 2m. I never did get to my destination because the satnav needs an internet and in this part of Wales, there isn't one.

Sorry, I can't post the photograph for some reason.
    52°03'57.00" N 3°17'47.10" W
    [​IMG]