Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Width Restrictions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My S went through a 2.0m restriction in Wanstead (east London) the other week - slightly helped by the fact that previous collisions had left the posts leaning a bit outwards, but still required me to hop out and guide the driver through with mirrors folded. X would not fit at all!

I wouldn't have gone that way if I had remembered the size correctly; I had thought it to be 2.2m, and I've been happy with others that size in the S.

S is 2287mm over mirrors, 1964mm mirrors folded; X is 2271mm/2070mm. 7' is 2133mm - if it's actually that size, it will be really tight in an X, and I don't think I'd take one through without an assistant.

Please post the tightest width restriction you have taken your Model X through. Has anyone taken it through a 7’ width restriction?
Do NOT attempt 6’6”. It literally does not fit.
7’ leaves about an inch each side and pretty much needs someone guiding you.
As added info, the car just fits onto the Eurotunnel train. I did not rimrash, but was squeezing rubber occasionally no matter how careful.

on the Euro tunnel if you book an "extra height" carriage, you get a wider one and it fits better.

Do NOT attempt 6’6”. It literally does not fit.
7’ leaves about an inch each side and pretty much needs someone guiding you.
As added info, the car just fits onto the Eurotunnel train. I did not rimrash, but was squeezing rubber occasionally no matter how careful.

My satnav wanted to take me over this bridge across the Wye, just of the A470. I chickened out and reversed back to the main road when I realised the Model X just wouldn't fit between the posts, although more 'normal' cars were getting through OK. I don't know the width but it's probably less than 2m. I never did get to my destination because the satnav needs an internet and in this part of Wales, there isn't one.

Sorry, I can't post the photograph for some reason.
52°03'57.00" N 3°17'47.10" W
79aeb887-27af-434a-ab73-866a9e58eeb9

Last edited: