Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wife, kids and dogs in a M3?

danfrancis

Dec 23, 2019
Uk
I went from Discovery 5 to M3 and get 1 big and often wet golden retriever and two 6ft+ teenagers in the back, no problems at all. Headroom helps. That said I’ll be swapping for the model Y when launched. Dont miss the Disco one bit

Shetlandmdl3

Feb 17, 2019
Shetland
Did a trip recently with my partner her two grown kids and a collie who sat at her feet in the front.
954EE1AF-CFAA-4E90-8E31-AA980548F928.jpeg

interbear

May 27, 2019
Monmouthshire, UK
I would say that 2 kids and 2 dogs in the back seat of a Model 3 is a stretch too far. However, your dogs are not too big so it would be quite feasible to have 2 kids and 1 dog in the back seat, with the other in the footwell of the front passenger seat. Restraint / safety perhaps an issue but for short and irregular trips I think you’d manage just fine like this.

I regularly have 1 dog, approx 20kg, and 1 kid in the back seat. Use an Orvis hammock, which is great quality, Tried a cheaper version from Amazon that lasted only a few trips before puppy had destroyed it.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC