Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wife, kids and dogs in a M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went from Discovery 5 to M3 and get 1 big and often wet golden retriever and two 6ft+ teenagers in the back, no problems at all. Headroom helps. That said I’ll be swapping for the model Y when launched. Dont miss the Disco one bit

Did a trip recently with my partner her two grown kids and a collie who sat at her feet in the front.
954EE1AF-CFAA-4E90-8E31-AA980548F928.jpeg

Reactions: Adopado
I would say that 2 kids and 2 dogs in the back seat of a Model 3 is a stretch too far. However, your dogs are not too big so it would be quite feasible to have 2 kids and 1 dog in the back seat, with the other in the footwell of the front passenger seat. Restraint / safety perhaps an issue but for short and irregular trips I think you’d manage just fine like this.

I regularly have 1 dog, approx 20kg, and 1 kid in the back seat. Use an Orvis hammock, which is great quality, Tried a cheaper version from Amazon that lasted only a few trips before puppy had destroyed it.

There are some similar conversations on the threads but i wanted to take it a step further.
I have to pick a new company car.
90% of the driving will be just me (All fine), 5% will be me and 2 dogs (back seats down or with a hammock), 5% will be me, wife, 2 kids and 2 dogs (???)
Has anyone found a way to do this? One dog is a whippet, one is a beagle, approx 13kg each.
Is there a way to get all 6 in?
It doesn't need to be extremely comfortable as it will only be for relatively short journeys (maybe 30 minutes to the beach).

I really want to choose the Tesla but don't want to be using the 2.2 Diesel CRV every time we want to go on a family dog walk. One thought is to use 2 back seats for people, 1 back seat lowered and dogs having the boot space??? This would be very tight for the passengers though. I could have one dog on the centre seat and one in the footwell??

I'd love to pick the Tesla but at the moment the Mustang Mach E is winning on practicality.
Hi, just wondering what you went for in the end? And if you did choose a M3, how is it with the kids and dogs? I'm in a very similar situation, just wondering what you chose in the end? Cheers

I'm late to this thread and I don't live in the UK so pardon my ignorance here. Is the Model Y not available in the UK? It would seem to be the logical solution. If it's not available, when is it projected to become available for purchase?
it was released to order about 2 weeks ago. When this was originally posted the Y wasn't out and there wasn't any clear indication of when it would be released.
Now its been released I think the price has put a lot of people off. I was waiting for the Y and was really keen to order one once it was released, but the price has made me think twice, it just seems a little overpriced for what it is.

it was released to order about 2 weeks ago. When this was originally posted the Y wasn't out and there wasn't any clear indication of when it would be released.
Now its been released I think the price has put a lot of people off. I was waiting for the Y and was really keen to order one once it was released, but the price has made me think twice, it just seems a little overpriced for what it is.
I guess it comes down to how much is it worth meeting your transportation needs and does it fit within your budget.