Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WiFi at Tesla Superchargers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a Tesla provided WiFi at Supercharger locations? I note that Amenities are displayed at most Supercharger locations, showing WiFi, however I don't believe I have ever encountered a Tesla provided WiFi connection. Is this really just an indicator that there is cell phone coverage, and therefore a data connection is possible?

I do have the premium communications that I pay an annual fee for now that the first year has elapsed on my 2019 model X, LR. This allows me to get service via an LTE connection, which I believe in my area is ATT. I have at times found the signal to be poor and try my iPhone which is on Verizon, and at times get a better signal, and use Hot Spot.

I have never noted anything that looks like a WiFi 2.4GHz, or 5GHz antenna at the Supercharger location nor have I have ever detected a WiFi SSID that could be Tesla, assuming it is broadcast.

Any insight if direct WiFi really exists and what target speeds may be?

Most of the Superchargers that list WiFi, at least on the east coast and across the south, is listing the Wi-Fi near the charger such as at a Wawa service station, Panera Bread, etc. I think it normally means the signal will reach the chargers. I was at one in California where it was provided by Tesla.