Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WiFi connection / Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ignorance is a terrible thing and I am guilty as charged. I have read over all of the above thread and I am still lost.

My car recognizes my wifi signal but won't accept my password to connect. I am at a loss. I admit to being a complete idiot in regards to all the tech stuff. I just want it to work! I am missing updates. Can somebody give me some step by step instructions for idiots (me) that might help me get passed this roadblock? I don't know if it is my router or the car and I don't know how to test either. I tried to connect the car to other public wifi like McDonald's and Starbucks but it won't connect there either.

I JUST WANT MY UPDATES!!!!

Thanks in advance

Dan
Hi Dan. I feel your frustration! Mine actually had nothing to do with the “DLNA” as suggested in the thread. I started with Tesla phone support and they escalated the issue to a higher level of support when it wasn’t easily fixed. They were awesome and tried to troubleshoot with me. I would email them cell phone videos of what was happening each time I tried to connect it at home and at a Starbucks. Still no connection and they were stumped. The car went into the shop a week later for a minor seatbelt rattle and they FINALLY fixed it. The “connectivity board” needed replacement!!!! The guys in the shop were able to see all the notes and videos from my phone support troubleshooting and worked together to get me up and running. I have all my updates now, and am easily able to connect in my garage. Tesla did give me a loaner S Model while they were fixing it. I’m suspicious that this may be the same problem you are having since you can’t connect anywhere. I am still using an inexpensive booster that I bought on amazon to keep my signal strong. Good luck! You will love you car once this annoyance is fixed!

• Helpful
Reactions: Dan Detweiler
Hi Dan. I feel your frustration! Mine actually had nothing to do with the “DLNA” as suggested in the thread. I started with Tesla phone support and they escalated the issue to a higher level of support when it wasn’t easily fixed. They were awesome and tried to troubleshoot with me. I would email them cell phone videos of what was happening each time I tried to connect it at home and at a Starbucks. Still no connection and they were stumped. The car went into the shop a week later for a minor seatbelt rattle and they FINALLY fixed it. The “connectivity board” needed replacement!!!! The guys in the shop were able to see all the notes and videos from my phone support troubleshooting and worked together to get me up and running. I have all my updates now, and am easily able to connect in my garage. Tesla did give me a loaner S Model while they were fixing it. I’m suspicious that this may be the same problem you are having since you can’t connect anywhere. I am still using an inexpensive booster that I bought on amazon to keep my signal strong. Good luck! You will love you car once this annoyance is fixed!
Thanks so much. I have a report into Tesla.

Dan