Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WiFi doesn't automatically re-connect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thw Wifi in my Model 3 doesn't automatically re-connect once I leave my garage, the only way to make it work again seems to be a 2 finder Tesla reboot, then it sees Wifi again.

Anybody else have this issue? Suggestions?

HW2.5

Not sure what your saying. Do you mean the Wi-Fi is not re-connecting once you return to your garage? Mine does but it takes a couple of minutes to do so. It loses the LTE after pulling into the garage and a couple of minutes to connect to my house Wifi.

Same with me for a Y. Also for the first few calls after a reboot the bluetooth works with my iPhone. But after a couple of calls the caller can't hear the audio from inside the car any longer even though the car bluetooth is selected. Have to manually switch back to the iPhone speaker for the caller to hear me. Buggy. I read that this was an issue last year or before but was resolved - but MY are still on older software that still has the bugs.

Thw Wifi in my Model 3 doesn't automatically re-connect once I leave my garage, the only way to make it work again seems to be a 2 finder Tesla reboot, then it sees Wifi again.

Anybody else have this issue? Suggestions?

HW2.5
I have the same problem but have found a workaround which is less brutal than a re-boot on my Model S MCU1/AP2. Touch LTE icon at top of screen and you get a pop-up box which allows you to switch off WiFI. Wait a few seconds, then switch it back on. Touch LTE icon again and list of available WiFi networks appears from which you can select the one you want and it will collect. An annoying problem ... but this is a 10 second solution.

Reactions: Blu-Ion