Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WiFi hardware in Model S (MAC Address / Vendor)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

widodh

Model S 100D and Y LR
Jan 23, 2011
Venlo, NL
Now that the WiFi is enabled in Model S, has anybody checked out the MAC address of Model S yet?

I'm curious to know what vendor they used for the WiFi and if it will be able to do 5Ghz WiFi.

Could somebody post the MAC address of their car? You can skip the last two digits if you want to.

Using this list: http://standards.ieee.org/develop/regauth/oui/oui.txt

We can found I which vendor they are using.

The MAC address will just tell you that it is Tesla (assuming they set them like they are supposed to), not the vendor of the WiFi part.
Tesla is not listed as having their own range of mac addresses. For example BMW is.

Since they build the car from various components I assume they didn't change the MAC and it will be original vendor's MAC address.

Click on the wifi logo on your 17" screen in the upper right. I'm going on memory here but there is either a little "i" next to the work wifi on the wifi setup screen or a settings menu option at the bottom of the wifi list. Click on that to get your MAC info.

Just had a chance to confirm. Hit wifi image, then select the wifi settings then hit the "i" next to wifi in the upper left of that dialog (I found an image online showing it... check the red circle).

end3-M.jpg