Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having issues connecting to WiFi. The network I am trying to connect to always appears in the list on the screen, but when I click it and type in the password, I get an error saying to “check firewall settings and internet connection”. Software version 2020.5.10.5.

I’ve read that some people had/have similar issues on the Model 3 periodically. We use Eero to create a mesh network. The garage where the car is located has full signal strength, and the Model X parked right next to the Model Y gets full connectivity. I’ve tried the following steps with no luck:
  • Reboot Model Y (two fingers on steering wheel clickers) and reboot of Eero
  • Power off Model Y
  • Static IP address for Model Y
  • Creating a guest network
When I look in the Eero app, the Model Y appears on the network for a few seconds and then goes offline. Sometimes in the Model Y, the WiFi will appear to momentarily connect but then immediately disconnect.

I know there aren’t many people with Y’s yet, but I’d appreciate any help. Thanks!

That’s unfortunate. I’m also using eero and the model Y is connecting without issues. Sorry I cant be of help but maybe it’s useful to know that mine is functioning on eero.

I’m on 2020.5.10.3 updated 3/28. Whatever I was in before also connected to WiFi.

• Informative
Reactions: empiredown
If you have many wifi repeaters, try temporarily disconnecting as many of them as possible. Mesh wifi can be confusing when the device must choose which station to take.

Also, it makes a difference whether your mirrors are folded, door open/closed.

Once the Model 3 gets the password, it tends to keep working in situations where it failed earlier.

Last edited: