Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WiFi Not Connecting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been having an issue with the WiFi in my Model Y. After having some issues with the audio a couple of weeks ago, I had to complete a reset using the two-button press method. After that reset, I haven't been able to access my WiFi while at home. When I select WiFi in the car, I get an message saying that Wi-Fi Is Turned Off and that it will restart the next time that I drive. I have included a picture as a reference.

IMG_1449.jpg

Despite several driving sessions, the Wi-Fi has never reset. Does anymore have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Just another data point and so I am on the thread. My wife's 2020 MY has started doing this as well. WiFi does not connect. I only noticed this because the last two software updates were "pending" and did not download when the car was home. Rebooting the car solved the problem both times (temporarily).

When WiFi does not connect no SSIDs are displayed on the search. There should be multiple SSIDs in range.

I do not have a similar issue with my 2018 M3.

I have exactly the same issue on my 2020 M3 SR+. (software 2022.12.3.16)
Reboot by pressing the two steering wheel buttons untill the screen goes dark, then wait untill the screen comes back.
Now connects instantly to previously configured AP or hotspot.
Now downloading software 2022.16.

Last edited:
Same problem. Car isn't connecting to home wifi unless I do it manually.

Additionally my phone cannot connect to my 2020 Model 3 if I am on my home Wifi. For instance if my wife has the car and I try to connect, it will not connect until I disconnect my phone from my home Wifi network.

Frustrating because this only began to happen a couple hundred miles before warranty expired, and I'm only 700 miles out of warranty.

Pixel 4a Android 12

360Mbps internet at home. Vehicle is less than 50 feet from router.

I’m having the same issues. No longer ( after 2022.20.7/8) connects automatically to Wifi. Have to manually reconnect and even that is slow and requires a few tries. If there is a software update it will download. However if the connection is idle after some time it will again disconnect.
Irritating but not that big of a deal as the only time I need to connect to Wifi is software updates and I just got one including a Nav map update. Assume it will be corrected whenever 2022.20.24 is available.