Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wild speculation on what 2021.24.11 is about

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Twiglett

Single pedal driver
Oct 3, 2014
Austin
Ever since my car got the 2021.24.11 release I've been wondering what its for - only because I could see what it does in my car and it seemed to roll out to a bunch of cars pretty quickly.
I use TeslaFi so obviously I'm getting all the info from there, its only a tiny fraction of all the Teslas out there, but maybe a reasonable sample size.
Because TeslaFi uses the Tesla API to obtain configuration information etc, its worth pointing out that this means its can't accurately tell what version of the AP computer your car has, this is for sure an issue between HW2.5 and HW3 in Models 3 & Y.
The stats from TeslaFi - others sources welcome if you have them.
Seems to be pretty much US only
Seems to be majority 3 & Y, although one or two S/X show up in some columns but not all.
Vins are all over the place from really early cars like mine to very recent 960xxx with <1k miles
Most came from 2021.24.10 but fair few from other releases.
Because of the API its not possible to tell if they're all HW3 cars or not, especially with the older cars.

So given all the above, why is this release here?
I find the release patterns in Tesla releases really interesting, especially this year where all of the newly changed hardware caused by the component shortage has forced Tesla to release way more versions than normal. Its also taking much longer for them to update recently shipped cars, they are staying on the factory image much longer. I'm assuming this is while they integrate the new factory image into the main branch, but that is obviously speculation ;)

What you you guys think? - what do all these cars have in common that has pulled them into this one release.

wild speculation it is then :rolleyes:
pretend that every car that has .11 release has a purchased FSD (because the 2.5/3 doesn't mean anything) - are these the cars getting beta?
Can't really think of something else that would cover such a wide range. They are also all US cars.
That's easy to shoot down if someones car has .11 but not FSD.

wild speculation it is then :rolleyes:
pretend that every car that has .11 release has a purchased FSD (because the 2.5/3 doesn't mean anything) - are these the cars getting beta?
Can't really think of something else that would cover such a wide range. They are also all US cars.
That's easy to shoot down if someones car has .11 but not FSD.
Running .11. 2020 LR but no FSD.

• Informative
Reactions: Twiglett
Anyone notice the climate control is acting weird now? I always leave it on “auto” 70-72deg. Now it only blows ac out of the defrost vents??? It doesn’t blow out of the dash vents anymore unless you select that in the climate control menu? I attached a photo:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    846.7 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: drift and Twiglett
well there you go, someone asked greentheonly on twitter, his response was
2021.24.11 is the "feature branch" that they add new stuff to autopilot and test it out on a somewhat more limited fleet. They also typically only test those on model 3/y cars for whatever reason
So it looks like it was similar to that odd 2021.4.15 series that seemed out of sync where they were trying the new neural nets.
Of course still have no idea what they have added to autopilot. I haven't been on a long drive with this version to really tell.

Link for those interested in following that thread

Reactions: momo3605
well there you go, someone asked greentheonly on twitter, his response was
2021.24.11 is the "feature branch" that they add new stuff to autopilot and test it out on a somewhat more limited fleet. They also typically only test those on model 3/y cars for whatever reason
So it looks like it was similar to that odd 2021.4.15 series that seemed out of sync where they were trying the new neural nets.
Of course still have no idea what they have added to autopilot. I haven't been on a long drive with this version to really tell.

Link for those interested in following that thread

Nice find! I dunno, i don't feel autopilot works any differently on 24.11, but maybe it has the hidden FSD button upgrade code ;)

Me too except the air is “defaulting” to floor vents and climate modes (dog/camp etc) say not available due to system fault. Tesla says it’s due to the thermal humidity sensor fault but I’m wondering now. But I’m on 2021.32.10
I am on 2021.24.11 but I had the same issue with my climate and vents for a few days. I opened a service ticket and talked to them a bit about it, next day it was acting normal. Couldn't turn on climate from the app either. No idea.