Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • We just completed a significant update, but we still have some fixes and adjustments to make. Please see this thread for more details and to find out how to revert to the old design. Cheers!

Wild speculation on what 2021.24.11 is about

wild speculation it is then :rolleyes:
pretend that every car that has .11 release has a purchased FSD (because the 2.5/3 doesn't mean anything) - are these the cars getting beta?
Can't really think of something else that would cover such a wide range. They are also all US cars.
That's easy to shoot down if someones car has .11 but not FSD.
I have .11 and do not have or subscribe to FSD. Trying to understand Tesla’s software release cycles is like trying to understand what makes a newborn baby fussy. There are a number of reasons, a lot of them make sense and then before you know it, everything you thought you knew/understand has become the opposite. Tesla’s software is very much like a newborn baby - still figuring stuff out and for the most part very clueless. Day by day. No rhyme or reason most of the time.

• Funny
Reactions: Twiglett

Twiglett

Single pedal driver
Oct 3, 2014
Austin
I have .11 and do not have or subscribe to FSD. Trying to understand Tesla’s software release cycles is like trying to understand what makes a newborn baby fussy. There are a number of reasons, a lot of them make sense and then before you know it, everything you thought you knew/understand has become the opposite. Tesla’s software is very much like a newborn baby - still figuring stuff out and for the most part very clueless. Day by day. No rhyme or reason most of the time.
yeah most of it seems to be exploring the world before letting people know about it. Interesting how they quietly dropped the emergency vehicle light detection into the doc.
Still can't tell any difference in AP with .12 and (thankfully?) don't see emergency vehicles with lights regularly either so that is a real corner case ;)

I did have the first phantom braking incident I've had in months. Most of the others aren't braking as such, mostly just false speed limit changes which make you slow down.
But this one was a real, red steering wheel, alarm sounding panic due to an overhead gantry.
No issues other than scaring the crap out of me, already had hands on wheel and foot covering pedal.

momo3605

Mar 18, 2019
Bay Area
yeah most of it seems to be exploring the world before letting people know about it. Interesting how they quietly dropped the emergency vehicle light detection into the doc.
Still can't tell any difference in AP with .12 and (thankfully?) don't see emergency vehicles with lights regularly either so that is a real corner case ;)

I did have the first phantom braking incident I've had in months. Most of the others aren't braking as such, mostly just false speed limit changes which make you slow down.
But this one was a real, red steering wheel, alarm sounding panic due to an overhead gantry.
No issues other than scaring the crap out of me, already had hands on wheel and foot covering pedal.
Do you have FSD? Curious if FSD owners got .12? I have FSD but am still on .11

Xambler

Dec 17, 2019
Cape Coral, Fl
I am on 2021.24.11 but I had the same issue with my climate and vents for a few days. I opened a service ticket and talked to them a bit about it, next day it was acting normal. Couldn't turn on climate from the app either. No idea.
I had that happen not long after buying my Tesla. Exact same symptoms. Tesla sent a tech out to replace the humidity/temp sensor and worked fine for last 20 months since. Was very intermittent when it happened. Noticed the dog mode not working first, then realized that the ac had been freezing our feet every once and a while also…and app didn’t let me control car temps. So yeah. Get it fixed.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC