Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will 20" Inductions fit on the Model Y Performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finding out that Uberturbines aren't worth ~$3k (which is about the cost to get a good set of 19" Wheels and tires, either TSportline or Martian) and now am wondering if the Inductions will fit on the Performance Model Y. There might be more chance of doing a straight trade with someone and I assume the Gemini's wont fit for sure...

I sure wish they offered the Performance as a Stealth again, I really really don't want those 21s....

6736023E-BBB5-41F2-8786-F6311DD002A1.jpeg
. 21" Uberturbine for 20" Induction Wheel Swap

Reactions: mac9899
Is that your car? Mind giving the run down; any clearance issues at extreme turning angle or anything? Were you able to buy those direct from Tesla or via a trade/personal purchase?

Bought the set from another forum member.

No issues what so ever. More cushion vs 21 Überturbines for sure, but still with stiff Performance springs.

You will need to ask Tesla Service to change your wheel config via over the air update to reflect change in rated range and car avatar in the app/car display.

20200824_194209.jpg

Reactions: rklip
Bought the set from another forum member.

No issues what so ever. More cushion vs 21 Überturbines for sure, but still with stiff Performance springs.

You will need to ask Tesla Service to change your wheel config via over the air update to reflect change in rated range and car avatar in the app/car display.

But otherwise it’s just a bolt on with no alignment issues or anything? That’s fantastic! Well... not so much that now you might sway me back to spending $10k more ;)

I like the 21’s but I wish I could put 255’s all around for a square set. I would like to replace the rear 275’s with another pair of front 255’s.

I have not had a problem with range (my stats are 262 wh/mi with 1600 miles) but I wish I could rotate the tires for longer life.

Well now I debate how irresponsible I want to be and either order the Performance or behave myself a little and order a LR Model Y.

If I do end up ordering the Performance I’m almost positive I’ll be looking to trade the brand new Uberturbines for Gemini’s instead... I’m in Washington state, specifically eastern WA if anyone wants to DM me about it. Can’t guarantee yet that I’m ordering it, but I’ll make up my mind for sure in the next couple weeks.

I have the 20" inductions on my Model Y Performance. I guess they call it the Stealth spec.. but the ground clearance is great and it rides awesome. Has the carbon spoiler and I just put the performance pedals on and am going to paint the calipers red.

To me it's the best of both worlds, all the performance but nice ground clearance, great ride, and better looking wheels (IMO)

Attachments

• 20200819_200840.jpg
    20200819_200840.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 305
  • Love
Reactions: UltradoomY
I have the 20" inductions on my Model Y Performance. I guess they call it the Stealth spec.. but the ground clearance is great and it rides awesome. Has the carbon spoiler and I just put the performance pedals on and am going to paint the calipers red.

To me it's the best of both worlds, all the performance but nice ground clearance, great ride, and better looking wheels (IMO)

That garage is beautiful!