TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Will 3 parallel lines, like in the logo, be needed to meet production goals for the Model 3?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by 22522, Jun 28, 2016.

1. 22522

22522 Member

When thinking about teamwork, competition and innovation and how important the Model 3 is for... A lot of things, the production answer keeps coming back with three parallel lines. Where improvements ripple through. Again and again.

I don't see any other approach that isn't brittle to people, or some bottle neck (more expensive than it should be) machine, or process stagnation.

Definite lack of vision here. Please suggest some other way to obtain rate of production simultaneous with rate of improvement.

Competeting teams just seem best from a redundancy, people dynamic, improvement perspective. I have seen competition between shifts, but the product mix always fixed outcomes. And process improvements did not ripple.

The answer keeps coming up Three Parallel Lines.

• Dislike x 2
  2. Tiberius

Tiberius Member

3. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Remember those nebulous Infiniti ads on TV when they first introduced the brand (prior to any cars having been revealed)?

• Dislike x 1
  4. Model 3

Model 3 Active Member

Yes, they will get to three parallel lines at some point on their way to four. :)

• Like x 1