TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Will 4 Tires Fit in Rear Trunk?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by SarasotaModelS, Feb 8, 2017.

1. SarasotaModelS

SarasotaModelS 2016 85D Midnight Silver/black pano, 21s, Next Gen

I would like to purchase 4 new tires through Tirerack.com and have my local Tesla service center replace my old tires with the new ones. My local service center will not accept deliveries from 3rd party tire shops. I am due for my annual service in a couple of weeks which will include tire balance and alignment. Has anyone been able to fit all 4 tires in the Model S?

2. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

Yup. They have to lean on each other, but it's pretty easy to get 4 of them in there.

• Like x 1
  3. kort677

kort677 Banned

if you put the rear seats down, yes.

4. benjiejr

benjiejr Technogeekextraordinaire

I've put 4 tires and rims in the back with the seat down with no problem. Might put down some cardboard or something to protect the interior.

5. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Do it all the time as tire shops have a tendency to ruin the lug nuts at $6 a pop.

6. wiredprairie

wiredprairie Member

I'd add that I always put the wheels/tires in large strong trash bags if they weren't provided by the place that installed/delivered them to keep the interior clean (and I carry a backup trash bag in case a bag develops an unexpected tear/hole).

7. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

Yep, with ease. Just did it yesterday. Rear seats down, put 3 side-by-side and upright (facing same direction as those on the car) and then stashed the fourth down and across in the trunk well.

8. LittoDevil

LittoDevil Member

Yep, you can fit about 7 if you have next gen seats.. 8 if you have normal bench style seats. This is in my P85D with next gen rear seats which doesn't sit as flat lol..

-Larry

IMG_8817.JPG
    IMG_8818.JPG

9. LittoDevil

LittoDevil Member

Or you can fit about 10 tires of various sizes... lol... Just be extra careful if you have any other headliner that's not black.. you don't want to get them dirty :)..

-Larry

IMG_8824.JPG

IMG_8820.JPG

IMG_8822.JPG

10. Naonak

Naonak Member

That's weird, my Tesla Service Center allowed me to ship tires to them for installation, so long as they were tires they have sold in the past or currently sell.