Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will a baby car seat ruin my seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will a car seat leave indentations on my seat? Do I need to put a seat cover on it? I have a Uppababy Mesa. On their site, it says it won't but I want to know what people's experiences are.

You do not need a mat with the MESA, as the base has a finished bottom that prevents damage to seats. If you do choose to use a mat, the only non-regulated mats approved and tested for use with the MESA include: Brica, Munchkin Auto Seat Protector, Diono Super Mat and Diono Ultra Mat.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Upvote 0
Will a car seat leave indentations on my seat? Do I need to put a seat cover on it? I have a Uppababy Mesa. On their site, it says it won't but I want to know what people's experiences are.

You do not need a mat with the MESA, as the base has a finished bottom that prevents damage to seats. If you do choose to use a mat, the only non-regulated mats approved and tested for use with the MESA include: Brica, Munchkin Auto Seat Protector, Diono Super Mat and Diono Ultra Mat.
My recommendation is to get a seat cover. I bought the Clek booster seat with the car seat cover as well. No indentations so far from an 8 yr old seating in it.

Upvote 0
Clek Foonf and oobr user here- we used these in our model 3 (white interior)

Brica Elite Seat Guardian Car... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HCOM1UI?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I feel ok using the pads since the latch system holds the booster / car seat, and friction underneath doesn’t matter.
What’s the underneath look like? Also why color is it? I have a white interior like yourself and am concerned about color transfer. Have you noticed any transfer of color from the protector to the white seat?

Upvote 0
What’s the underneath look like? Also why color is it? I have a white interior like yourself and am concerned about color transfer. Have you noticed any transfer of color from the protector to the white seat?
2 years of use as main car, zero color transfer. It is a semi-rigid ,fabric-coated material, with the 4 silicone blue pad thingies. The Oobr seat has an integrated back, so I wanted to protect that too. It is good quality. I just modded it with a small hole to have the rigid latch arms go through.

Upvote 0
2 years of use as main car, zero color transfer. It is a semi-rigid ,fabric-coated material, with the 4 silicone blue pad thingies. The Oobr seat has an integrated back, so I wanted to protect that too. It is good quality. I just modded it with a small hole to have the rigid latch arms go through.
Thanks for the information, I will probably end up getting this. Which color brica mat are you using?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the information, I will probably end up getting this. Which color brica mat are you using?
Color? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Hues of Old banana and green crayon with Matte chocolate and inlaid teddy fibers.
(Scratches, resisting temptation to sniff) Um.. Dark grey?

A fav feature is that it is semi-rigid and has these molded “ridges”. So a lot of cruft just remains there until I clean it up when they go off to college.

Reactions: hookups
Upvote 0
As someone who went through many car seats with 3 kids (just not the one you have) I say don't chance it and get a cover. I used the one on the link below and they were great. Thick cushion to absorb the dents made by car seats. To this day, many years later, they appear new. I still use them as seat covers when my kids are filty from camp and such.

I have the same cover in my Y. Good to know they've hold up nicely for you.

Upvote 0
I know you already ordered but I thought I would throw this out there too. I have this car seat protector in the light gray color. It looks great with the white seats and I have had zero color transfer. Have been beyond happy with it over the past 8 months. Before that, I had the black color version of it in my Model 3 for 2 years. It held up well and did its job protecting the seat.

Upvote 0
I know you already ordered but I thought I would throw this out there too. I have this car seat protector in the light gray color. It looks great with the white seats and I have had zero color transfer. Have been beyond happy with it over the past 8 months. Before that, I had the black color version of it in my Model 3 for 2 years. It held up well and did its job protecting the seat.

Great price!

Upvote 0
WARNING: Do not buy the Diono cover even though it was recommended by Uppababy. According to the thread below, it will stain the seats and has happened to other owners too

Upvote 0