TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Will a dishwasher fit?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by DGM73, Mar 28, 2016.

1. DGM73

DGM73 Member

Anyone knows if a diswaher (34"/85cm heigth, 24"/60cm width, 24"/60cm depth) will fit inside a RWD Model S? (with no children trunk-seats).

And a 55" LED TV at the same time?

Sorry for the weird question but I'm planing to pick them up (if possible) making a quite relevant detour in a long trip (on my quest to another country to make a Model 3 reservation) and will be really good to know! :)

2. LoL Rick

LoL Rick Like Buttah

Take the TV off its mounting base and stand it up vertically right behind the front seats. I've done that, but not with the rear seats folded and you will need to fold them down to get the dishwasher in.

3. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

I had to replace a "wheely bin", you know, big black garbage bin used for automated pickup. I took the damaged one with me, and it fitted just fine, although barely. When I arrived, unloaded, paid for the new bin, and went to put it in, the guys said "you know, the new ones are a bit bigger"... Oh Dear. But they popped the wheels off and it, too, fitted fine. Dishwasher, no problem. TV, no problem. Both at once? Hmmm. The TV should fit upside-down between the folded rear seat and the front seat, but I'm not promising that it would survive the journey.

4. wraithnot

wraithnot Model S VIN #5785

A standard US dishwasher will definitely fit. Here's how I loaded ours:
    IMG_1547.JPG

Overall dimensions of TVs are less standardized so I can't say for sure if you can fit both the TV and dishwasher at the same time. But the more you can move the front seats forward while still being able to drive, the better your chances.

5. mikeash

mikeash Active Member

I recently hauled a rather large flat-packed sofa from Ikea and measured everything to check the fit beforehand.

With the rear seats folder, the relevant cargo space dimensions are: 72" long (obviously, this depends on exactly how far back you put your seat, but I'm tall so this should be near a worst case), 24" wide at the rear seats with one seat still up, 40" wide with both seats down, 27" tall at the top of the trunk lid, and 16" from the floor to where the trunk starts to curve up at the rear. The rear seat area itself is 53" wide.

The dishwasher should be no problem. I'm not sure about the TV, since we don't have those dimensions, but if you get them, you should be able to check against those numbers to see.

6. HookBill

HookBill Member

Reply from the Perch:
    Will a dishwasher fit?
    You betcha. I will fit with plenty of room to spare. :p

• Funny x 1
  7. bmah

bmah Obscure Member

You put a garbage bin inside of your S? Ewwww....

8. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I have no doubt you can do both. The car holds a HUGE amount. More than my mid-sized SUV did.

9. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

It's a car... it's the biggest one I have...

10. CuriousG

CuriousG Member

That's what friends/family/neighbors are for. Someone is bound to have a beat up pickup. Plus it will give you an excuse to give them a ride.