Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will a Model 3 20" performance wheel fit a Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
35+ fits the model Y?

Thanks!

Yes, with the +35 sticking out 5 mm more vs +40. 20200702_223714.jpg

Reactions: roach_779
Why not just use the 20 inch induction wheels that is made for the Y? I think they look just as good and already black color

Definitely, if they are available at better price. I heard $750 per Induction wheel after delivery/from Tesla Parts.

Most early Y, especially Performance with PUP, did not have a choice but 21 Überturbines.

Also, some like the Sportwheels look vs Induction.

Reactions: Klau2
Definitely, if they are available at better price. I heard $750 per Induction wheel after delivery/from Tesla Parts.

Most early Y, especially Performance with PUP, did not have a choice but 21 Überturbines.

Also, some like the Sportwheels look vs Induction.
True, try to see people will trade. I seen couple of people successfully traded with someone with the induction wheels instead of buying.

Why not just use the 20 inch induction wheels that is made for the Y? I think they look just as good and already black color
I have gemini wheels. Tesla wouldn't sell me the induction without loosing early order pricing. Sport wheel is nice though. Caught my eye when I saw early red Y with these wheels. But it's tricky getting sport wheels living in Vancouver BC. Another option is to see if I can trade my gemini + cash for induction wheels.

You think

I'm looking at another 20inch (255/40) after market from a model S with a +30 and sticking out 10mm. You think 10 is fine?
I want to get same tires as you, he currently has 245/40/20 tires. Too rough for daily ride?

Model S wheels have a different PCD (pitch circle diameter) and thus do not fit a Model Y (or 3) without an adapter.

Model 3/Y = 5x114.3
Model S/X = 5x120

It's a PUP Y!

Got 310 mile rated range on display after Tesla changed my wheel config OTA, to 20" wheels. I only had them on several hundred miles - so I can't say my ave wh/miles consumption is accurate vs staggered 21 tires.

See this post for comparison, I may have been speeding more on the 20s - hence the higher wh/mi: Range loss with the different wheel options

PuP ride is still stiff, but slightly better cushion feel from bumps on 20s. I now have 19" Geminis - so 19s definitely more cushion vs 20s vs 21s.
Again, the stiff PUP springs is still there.

My tires on the 20s are Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. Had humming drone sound on some "grated" roads at 50-70 mph, otherwise smooth drive on well maintained roads.

They are Tesla Model 3 20" Sportwheels. You can buy them from Tesla Service Center, but costly, about $750 per wheel (anecdotal). Probably cheaper to buy take offs from M3 owners - don't pay more than $1600 for like new condition. Tire size is 255/40R20, same tire size as stock Model Y with 20" Inductions.
This is exactly what I was looking for! Trading in my M3P for a MYP and decided to keep the 20 inch stock wheels and traded in the M3P with the 19 inch. I can now use the 20 inch with snow tires for the winter months on the MYP :)

Does anyone know if a 20" Model 3 performance wheel fits a Model Y?
Poking my nose in with a slightly different issue:

I really prefer the bright M3 19" Sport Wheels
rather than the standard 19" or the black 20" option for the MY Long Range ( on order )
I wish that bright look was an available option.

OK, I know that I can take the plastic aero covers off, but the revealed wheel, though bright, is not as substantial looking as the M3 19" which has MS echoes.
Even if I was up to the expense of after market wheels, it would probably open a can of insurance and warranty worms.

Where did you end up?

I love the look of the M3 Sport wheels. I think I'll get these for my upcoming model Y and keep the Gemini for snow tires.

Need to decide if I go with 19" or 20". Gemini is 19" so it would be nice having one size and better ride quality.

See there is another thread where this was done too Model 3 19” Sport rims on Model Y?
Will they fit a model Y. I love 'em!