TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Will a set of wheels fit inside a Model 3?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by mekberg, Jun 18, 2018.

1. mekberg

mekberg Member

I know I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here...

I plan on picking up the 18" winter wheel and tire set from the Tesla online store in a few months. I live in WI so I'll have to drive to Highland Park to get them installed (unless Mobile Service can bring them to me?).

Think I can get the all-seasons in the car for the return trip with the rear seats down?

2. jmp3000

jmp3000 Member

Yes, I did this but it was a close fit. I had 4 new 19" wheels and separated tires inside. In addition to the trunk and back seat (with the seats folded down), I also needed to use the front passenger seat. I'd recommend an old sheet or something to keep your new car from getting dirty!

• Informative x 1
  3. mekberg

mekberg Member

Do you think it would be easier with the tires on the rims?

4. jmp3000

jmp3000 Member

Yes. I carried the four assembled wheel/tire combos home in the car and it was a bit less tight.

• Informative x 1
  5. scrapps

scrapps Member

I somehow managed to fit 2x 20x8.5 & 2x20x10 wheels along with a separate set of tires in the car at the same time, so you should be fine ;)