Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will all Model S Ravens get the range boost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just read this entire post and I too am a bit confused - and also FRUSTRATED. I just picked up my brand new 2020 S Performance 4 days ago - it came loaded with v2019.35.108 which some google research tells me is normal for brand new cars. I reached out to support about updating via the app and immediately got a notice there was a new firmware waiting for install in my car - but it was the exact same 2019.35.108 that reinstalled. I replied to them and they said that is indeed the latest firmware available for my car. I asked about all the 2020 updates I have been reading about with updated range, FSD capabilities, new driving modes, etc and they said basically "sorry - what you have is the latest for your car". WTF????

I just read this entire post and I too am a bit confused - and also FRUSTRATED. I just picked up my brand new 2020 S Performance 4 days ago - it came loaded with v2019.35.108 which some google research tells me is normal for brand new cars. I reached out to support about updating via the app and immediately got a notice there was a new firmware waiting for install in my car - but it was the exact same 2019.35.108 that reinstalled. I replied to them and they said that is indeed the latest firmware available for my car. I asked about all the 2020 updates I have been reading about with updated range, FSD capabilities, new driving modes, etc and they said basically "sorry - what you have is the latest for your car". WTF????
dont worry.....they most always come with that version of software.....you will receive new software with 10-15 days......current version is 2020.12....but that versions seems to be having issues with allowing the car to go to sleep thus draining range

dont worry.....they most always come with that version of software.....you will receive new software with 10-15 days......current version is 2020.12....but that versions seems to be having issues with allowing the car to go to sleep thus draining range
Hmm - I wonder why support told me this version was it for me. I would prefer they were honest and just tell me it might take a few weeks - they left me believing my car is not applicable to all these new updates.

Hmm - I wonder why support told me this version was it for me. I would prefer they were honest and just tell me it might take a few weeks - they left me believing my car is not applicable to all these new updates.
thats what they load into new cars....for some reason I dont understand it either but rest assured, you’ll get the new one too.....I too was a little perturbed about this action but as others told me, just wait....enjoy you new car....you will really learn to love it

You've got a great car. Just keep focussed on that!

I don't think service advisors tend to know half as much as we would expect them to. Or may be they kind of know stuff, like ideas that bounce around here, but since they know they are involved in the delivery process, they don't want to take on a shred of responsibility for stuff happening that is ultimately outside of their direct control.

You will get updates. Some will go pretty smoothly. Others may get stuck / disappear mid way through / do something weired / cause an unexpected glitch or even add / fix something. Make sure the car has internet access - using WiFi if you want it to download.

Took delivery of a raven LR 12/20/20 vin 364xxx with the F battery pack to replace original 2013 P85. It would charge 90% to about 326 miles. I’ve done about 1,500 miles so far. Two days ago the range increased 352 at 90% indicating full range about 390. Overnight s/w updated to 2020.12. Anyone else had a similar experience?

After 6+ years the P85 90% charge range was 228. VIN was 22XXX. 80,000 miles and 6 years later same range. For reference new LR faster 0-60, 50% more range, FSD, dual motor and much better seats and handling cost 15% less than P85

Mine is a few updates behind others too. I did the mobile service trick and they also told me I was current. I don't know how they figure what is "current" for each vehicle. It will come with time.

I think I missed the LR+ bandwagon by a few days. :( I picked up my car on Dec 1st but it was already built as I didn't want to wait and loose the tax credit but still 359 full charge is still excellent.

I did the same thing to snag the tax credit and the CA rebate. Last day of the CA rebate for cars over $60k was 12/3/19 and that's when I took delivery. My car was built November and has an E battery, so doubt I'll get the range boost. But for 17 miles less of charge I saved $6,375, so I'll take that as a win.

Where I get confused is with the existing inventory cars. I see 373 range LRs, and 391 range LR+s. Will these LRs become LR+s? Can you make a determination by vin (easy) or do you need to look at the battery (impossible on new inventory Teslas)?

Where I get confused is with the existing inventory cars. I see 373 range LRs, and 391 range LR+s. Will these LRs become LR+s? Can you make a determination by vin (easy) or do you need to look at the battery (impossible on new inventory Teslas)?

Nobody has determined a VIN determination yet. People have said it requires the F battery but that is still hearsay. That wasn't something said by Tesla as a company. The only thing FROM Tesla was Elon saying cars from the last few months would see the boost. The inventory cars would depend on how long they have been there and when they were built obviously. There will be a mix of LR and LR+ for a while.

Even though mine is suppose to be 373 but I top out at 359

Mine does the same thing as does many members on here. There was a thread about it. It came after an update for some reason. It sees that those that received the range boost went back to a full charge when they updated. So I'm hoping whenever my car gets the 2020.12, range boost or not, it at least gets the full use of the battery again.

probably because they have your battery capped to 98% which is supposed to equate to 100% charge.....do the math and you will see what you have.....I was getting 321 at 90% with a new car and a capped battery.....100% charge gave me only 335....these numbers based on 373 new car before update

Yes, but many of us were also seeing an equivocal drop in the displayed range. Randomly happened on mine with the 2019.40.50.7 update