Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will an SR plus ever be upgradeable to premium interior...for money?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As per the title. From what I understand all the hardware is there, but not activated. Not sure on this as far as speakers etc.

Anyway, would it ever make sense for Tesla to enable the premium interior for a few grand.

Opinions appreciated.

I also thought I heard people tried to add speakers but can’t activate.

I think they are trying to keep the cost of the SR+ to the lowest they can, so can understand at this point not including unnecessary equipment/parts for the trim.

Last edited:
The 2020 SR+ foglights don’t actually have the foglight in them. Was going to try and hardwire mine got in there and the aiming screw is not on them and the 3 wire connection only has two pins on the foglight, the doors also do not have anything in them for ambient lights.

i ordered some foglights off ebay and ill post the obvious differences when i swap them out.

I think what happened was when they first started making SR, it was more efficient for the factory to just keep pumping out the parts they had been rather than having separate SR/LR lines, so early SR models HAD the hardware there, but it was either not connected or software disabled. Some owners of early SRs have fog lights (and some even work) and speakers in top fo the A pillar, etc, but the speaker would just not have the wires connected and the fog lights would just not work. Same thing with the ambient lights.

Then as thing stabilized, they actually started having separate SR/LR lines and so new SRs physically don't have fog lights, speakers, ambient lights, so there's nothing to 'activate'