Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will any Teslas be included in the Takata airbag recall?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can confirm that tesla does indeed use takana airbags in the Model S. At least the ones that I saw. Unscrew your driver airbag and see for yourself. But if those airbags are affected by the recall, is a different story. They might be too new, from what I see almost all recalled cars are 2000-2011 with the sole exception of 2014 Mustang.

P8095752.JPG

They might be too new, from what I see almost all recalled cars are 2000-2011 with the sole exception of 2014 Mustang.

Got an airbag recall for my 2007 Pontiac Vibe. Interesting that GM, in the recall notice, makes sure to let me know it was a Toyota problem. The Vibe and Toyota Matrix were twins and, interestingly, came out of the same factory that made my Model S.

Saw this article and thought I should share.

http://www.businessfinancenews.com/...n-may-be-safe-from-takata-corp-defect-recall/

In a letter to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) last month, Takata reported that since January 2011, it had produced a total 887,055 air-bag inflator units for Volkswagen, along with an aggregate 184,926 units for Tesla Motors since January 2012 – the two companies are still clients of the air-bag inflator maker.

On Monday, Tesla announced that Takata had assured the EV maker that it would not be affected by the recall.