Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will AP radar see the CYBRTRK?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes - the radar frequencies used by police are sensitive to shaping, but they are also highly sensitive to things like panel gaps and discontinuities. The truck may be more difficult to measure on certain aspect angles but as a whole I don’t think it’ll make a noticeable difference. The fleshy humans inside of the cab are also great reflectors.

Yes - the radar frequencies used by police are sensitive to shaping, but they are also highly sensitive to things like panel gaps and discontinuities. The truck may be more difficult to measure on certain aspect angles but as a whole I don’t think it’ll make a noticeable difference. The fleshy humans inside of the cab are also great reflectors.
Wow just realized I replied to the wrong radar thread.

• Funny
Reactions: T3slaDad
No, radar cannot see the Cybertruck. And in fact, except for the prototype for demonstration, humans will not be able to see the Cybertruck either, totally stealth. That's why what the truck looks like is irrelevant. Your phone app will, however, be able to locate the truck in parking lots and such. It will also have a protective forcefield to deflect other vehicles, pedestrians, and the like. It's still controversial what to do with smart summons, pedestrian warnings or whatnot.......