Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will autopilot evolve beyond the release update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
eg, continuously upload/downloading machine learning model from Tesla since more data is collected everyday. I am asking this because I feel my AP2 car is getting better since I tried it first time, especially on recognize stationary cars stopped in front of me after a sharp turn.

It does fleet learning. I've never seen definitive answers for when/how/how much it sends to/receives from the mothership. There seem to be some improvements that come from minor firmware updates, and others that show up between them.

For the past three days I've been using TACC on my AP2.0 car and the first day had 3 false collision warnings. None since driving the same roads and same condirions/time of day.

I doubt it's actually learning, but it appears better than day 1.

• Disagree
Reactions: cdub
it better.. in the current form it is not very good.
cross posted this video on the other thread.
This time Ap2.0 with autosteer does not detect the car (blue volt) partially on the shoulder but clearly in front. unnerving as i was in two minds to take control, not knowing whether it had detected and but not displaying on on the dashboard or not detected at all...

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
it better.. in the current form it is not very good.
cross posted this video on the other thread.
This time Ap2.0 with autosteer does not detect the car (blue volt) partially on the shoulder but clearly in front. unnerving as i was in two minds to take control, not knowing whether it had detected and but not displaying on on the dashboard or not detected at all...

I had similar observation, the other day I was on TACC, and a truck cut over very close, AP2 didn't detect it, almost cause an accident.

• Disagree
Reactions: diesel
I have 17.3.15 and it is detecting vehicles that start to cut into my lane and slowing accordingly. They also appear on the IC as black cars and then turn white as they enter my lane (50% of the car enters it turns white and TACC locks on to it AND the vehicle in front). I even had one situation where it saw 3 cars in front, but the first two were white (third was black and disappeared after it accelerated past radar range).

I am of the opinion that fleet learning has not made it back to our cars yet. The same places my car struggled with before are still there. ie Road conditions making AP a little squirrely yet the road is straight as an arrow. If fleet learning based on mapping and driving were implemented it "should" drive straight through these places without ping ponging as I have driven them week day daily since A/P (HW1) was enabled.

Reactions: u00mem9