Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will bagging Tesla model 3 void warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really want to bag my Tesla model 3. Those of you that don’t know what bagging means, it is basically air ride that adjusts the cars height via remote and requires a tank up front. Was wondering if this would void the entire cars warranty or just suspension stuff? I’ll post an image soon!!

Fully slammed to the ground. But also can lift really high to clear driveways or steep enterence.

Attachments

• A2020E0D-E024-4E0F-9D19-4369A256EB90.jpeg
    A2020E0D-E024-4E0F-9D19-4369A256EB90.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 1,635
  • Funny
Reactions: cwerdna and Tiger
If something becomes damaged or fails due to the airbag system, Tesla can opt to not repair it under warranty. However, they can't deny a warranty claim on something like the screen or heated seat due to the suspension. It has to be related. It is worth noting that we have some airbag customers buying our FLCA bushings because the stock ones get destroyed from airing out.

• Helpful
Reactions: SumOne and focher
Generally, any additions or modifications may have to be returned back to normal if deemed required to do so by Service. If they are not returned to normal, then warranty may be voided.

Example, if you add an aftermarket audio amplifier and the windshield wipers don't work, then probably no issues.
But if the 12V battery keeps running down, then you'd have to rip the amp out if asked to do so.

Reactions: Abdullahf123
Lol. It’s just a taste. I don’t like the large wheel gapes and my previous car was low. But I like the ability to adjust the cars height either being via bags or coils. But idk still deciding.
Sorry if I have offended, it just ruins the look in my opinion and negative camber adds no functionality what so ever. But I agree stock height may be high for some people I think the performance variant has a decent height to it. If you want it lower I’d go with coils, cheers.

Just like @MountainPass mentioned, it will only avoid warranty that is related to the modification. My DRL was out and Tesla Service fix it under warranty.

Air suspension allows you do adjust ride height with a click of bottom, and it ride just as comfortable as stock with proper pressure and damping setting. Best of the both world for daily driving.

The downside I can think of is the cost and the performance around track comparing to coilover.

0F67DBC1-0362-4A76-91B2-EBF8137DFA1E.jpeg

Air Demand air suspension for Model 3
7F96F931-9CB0-4E72-BDC5-8508EAD2135F.jpeg

High setting (higher than stock)
01794940-D6B0-48BD-A8D9-611870BD2AC0.jpeg

Daily ride height
F2FF1D2A-D32A-4D3C-980D-0CCF2A14CC94.jpeg

Slammed (show setting)
FD9E889C-0AA7-4641-B328-ABF5AB4724EA.jpeg

Great service people from TESLA
CCD7FCE3-833A-4DE9-A3C7-BB1805D307F4.jpeg

Feel free to message me regarding to the air suspension setup.

• Love
Reactions: Junni and TonyPham
If something becomes damaged or fails due to the airbag system, Tesla can opt to not repair it under warranty. However, they can't deny a warranty claim on something like the screen or heated seat due to the suspension. It has to be related. It is worth noting that we have some airbag customers buying our FLCA bushings because the stock ones get destroyed from airing out.

given the way Tesla has been with warranty work on stock cars, I wouldn’t give them any more reason to deny a warranty claim.