TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Will be away for a week - is it OK to leave car unplugged?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by AMIYY4YOU, May 3, 2018.

1. MD500_Pilot

MD500_Pilot I fly because it releases my mind.....

So jumping in here, I will be leaving my S100D parked on the airport ramp where there is no power for 11 days. I do have TeslaFi (which thankfully I now know to shut off). If I were to charge to 90% and tell the car to sleep and shut off TeslaFi, I assume that I would come home to enough power left based on what I am reading here, correct?

Thankfully I am less than 2 miles from a Supercharging station, so I assume my first place to go will be there.....

2. EV-by-the-Sea

EV-by-the-Sea Member

Can't speak to the S, but I left my 3 unplugged for a week (starting at 90%), and I lost roughly 1% per day. I didn't do anything special configuration-wise before I left. Only thing I consciously did was NOT use the app to check on the car so it wouldn't "wake."

• Helpful x 1
  3. dighn

dighn Member

Umm I charge every 6-7 days, and I drive every day. Letting it sit for 6 days cannot be a problem. Don't be paranoid guys.

• Like x 1