TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Will buy your Tesla wall mount cable organizer

Discussion in 'Model X' started by DrivingTheFuture, Sep 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DrivingTheFuture

They have been sold out online for a while now and my wife is tired of laying her cable on the floor. Anyone have one they aren't using anymore?

2. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

Yea, it randomly pops back up for sale..

I used Geckos Toes. There are two different sizes. One for the HPWC and one for the UMC. The HPWC uses a thicker cable then the UMC. Lets see your garage!

Gecko's Toes for the HPWC:
    Amazon.com : Gecko's Toes Water Hose Rack : Air Tool Hose Reels : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Gecko's Toes AIR for the UMC:
    Gecko's Toes Air Gecko Air Hose Rack - Air Tool Hose Reels - Amazon.com

It depends if you want a spot for the handle though. With the gecko's toes, I just drape it over the top.

Thanks Erik

• Like x 2
  3. DrivingTheFuture

Hmmm a temporary fix but we really want matching cable organizers. Thanks for the links!

4. Nerdy_Engineer

Nerdy_Engineer Brett - The Nerdy Engineer

I found that the Tesla wall hook doesn't work well with the HPWC. The cable is too stiff so if you try to actually put the handle in the holder, it pops out easily if you bump the cord. It works fine with the mobile charger because the cord is thinner and more flexible.

5. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

or make one from thingverse.com

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  6. DrivingTheFuture

We use mobile connectors in home garage

7. JPP

JPP Active Member

Try this...

Central Vacuum Hose Hanger, 5-inch

I have 1 in each garage. Gentle on the cable. I also hang the black mesh UMC bags on the hanger to keep everything together.

8. myblubu

myblubu Member

It's worked fine with our mobile connector and also for the HPWC for us. Still using one, but I have one left over from when I was waiting on my HPWC to arrive. Any offers?

9. DrivingTheFuture

How much do you want for it? It's the Tesla one correct?

10. muleferg

muleferg Active Member

11. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

I just use a large/jumbo command hook I purchased from my local hardware store. Works great for just the mobile connector.

12. DrivingTheFuture

Thanks but I know how to use Google. I created this thread because there are no OEM cable organizers for sale online, so I'm trying to purchase a used one from someone or one they never ended up mounting.

13. myblubu

myblubu Member

Yes, Original Tesla cable organizer. Bought it to use with my UMC while my HPWC was shipped. Pic of it mounted on the wall while I was installing the HPWC is below. Removed it and stored it in the HPWC box in case I needed it again in the future. I hadn't thought of a price - one of the links above shows a Topfit replica being sold on ebay for $49.

Only problem now, is I mentioned it to my dad and he's expressed interest in it as a spare for his setup in case anything ever happens to his, since they seem hard to get now. He's wondering if they will discontinue it since the the HPWCs come with the holder built in on the right side. Only problem is we had to mount his HPWC close to something on the right of it so he uses the cable organizer to hold his cord and the charger plug neatly. So since he's antsy now about them not being available, I'll have to let you know if he doesn't take it. Sorry to get your hopes up.
    Wall Organizer.jpg

14. DrivingTheFuture

Lol yes you succeeded in getting my hopes up, including beautiful pictures. Tell your dad it's for a pretty lady with a Model X and that it's going to a good home :)

15. rainforest

rainforest Member

I just received mine in the mail today from Tesla. Why are they so hard to get? I just ordered at the Tesla online store for Canada.

16. DrivingTheFuture

Hmmm maybe they have an alocation for Canada

17. ALLMYNE

ALLMYNE Member

I have one available if still interested

18. TessieX

TessieX Member

19. gregtopf

gregtopf Member

Call around to local SCs. I wanted one, and randomly called my SC. They had one in stock, held it for me, and had it in hand an hour later.